Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: babies close together,feeling very emotional

Nicole, I can only imagine how you must have been feeling to find out you are PG. What tipped you off? With No AF yet i mean, what was it that made you test?

As for not having a life of your own for a few years to come, Find something that you can get involved in that is child friendly. I am involved with ABA & my kids can come to everything I do with in ABA so its great. I have my own little thing that I can feel proud of as being mine yet if need be, my kids can be with me & no one cares.

i am still feeling rather down and anxuios(depressed) about all of this.i had a good talk about my feelings with dh last night and he really understands but is just so positve and encouraging,but how do i stop feeling like this and begin seeing this as a wonderful,exciting,preciuos thing.i realy want to be excited and happy,but it is just not there,i try to talk myself into all the happy thoughts that come with this,then 10 minutes later i feel like my life is crumbling.i am a very active person and we get out of the house every day and i have alot of things to do with the other boys and there busy schedules.but i just feel like i am going to be so trapped and alone in my house with 2 small babies that are going to tire me out by lunch time,then i know by the time the kids get home from school i am going to be a lifless,exhausted and cranky person,this is not how i want to mother my children,i want to be energetic,and encouraging and be able to give them all everything they will need from me.i feel as though after trying to conquer all of this every day that at the end of it all i am going to suffer and so is my relationship with my dh,i will have nothing left in me to give to him or myself.this all sounds so selfish,but i want to be a bit selfish as i have been a very good mother for 11 years of my life and i just feel like i havnt got the energy left to do it anymore.i am enjoying chanteel immensly as she was a very planned and wanted baby,she is difficult at night so i know i am sleep deprived,what if the next one is the same,could i handle that agin.i try to tell myself that it isnt all that bad,i am doing it now anyway and it is ok,so what if i have another one to raise at the same time,atleast they will go through all of the milestaones of life together and before i know it they will both be at kinder and school at the same time.......oh i dont know,i wish i could wave a magic wand andmake me feel the same way about this baby as i have for all of my other children.i dont even want to tell anyone.i couldnt wait to share my joyous news with family and friends with my other children,,,,,this is all wrong and i dont like the way i am feeling,will it change,please tell me it will,i want to love this baby and love being pregnant.
    nikki

the tip off was 2 of my girlfreinds told me i had that pregnant glow about me last weekend,i just said wtf,i dont think so!!!!!but i think i just had a feeling after they said that and did a test,i honestly was not expecting to see those 2 lines.
    nikki

Ahh. You know there are counselling services you can call. Have a look in the communtiy pages in the front of your yellow pages. I think you will find it could help.
    Try to look at it this way. Your boys are close & now the Chantelle will have someone close to her as well. I think its wonderful to be able to have someone close in age to grow up with. Chantelle would have grown up feeling like an only child with such a big age gap between her & the boys.
    I only see good in what you have been given. You will cope, we all cope.

Oh Nicole, firstly congratulations on baby #4. There is definitely an echo in here. I went through the first two trimesters just living in denial about this baby (#5). I cried and ranted and raved about how I couldn't do this, I won't cope, What the hell do we think we're doing, and then it hit me one day that this is a litle blessing, and he is coming whether I like it or not and started to concentrate on all the positive things.

This baby was a bluff. I bluffed and DH called, lol. I really didn't think I would fall, I was breastfeeding and it had taken 18 months to get DD#3 and 6 months to get DD#4 so I really thought that he had no chance to get me and gave him one month to get me pregnant (he wants 6). We had flirted with the idea but I really was just humouring him. Well the joke was on me, lol. Mine won't be as close as yours but I will have three under 3 1/2 with two older ones. At the moment my girls are 9, 7, 3, 1 and a newborn.
    Having been pregnant three times in the past four years I am very over pregnancy and find it hard to see me ever having a life outside the home again,but I will one day and right now my life is my children. It might be clouded right now but it will clear and you will see that you can do this and having them close can have its advantages. My fear is that the younger three will take all of my time and attention and my older two will suffer, but I take measures to ensure that doesn't happen. It's alot of work, I won't lie to you but the joy is tremendous. Good luck, if you feel you need help take it there is no shame in it and it can help you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12