Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby boys more active in the uterus than Baby girls?

Default Baby boys more active in the uterus than Baby girls?

This is one for the mums already who have been pregnant with both sexes.
    Have you found that when you were pregnant with your baby boy/s that they were alot more active in the uterus than your baby girl/s?
    I ask this because I have found that your little man, has been sooooooooo much more active than my DD was. I'm talking heaps more.
    I was just wondering if anyone else has found this or weather it's just a one off thing.
    I'm also wondering of those of you who have your little boys already, if they were more active in your uterus, did it continue on after they were born?
    I get nervous becuase my little girl is such a good girl, and she was rather quite in the uterus. And our little man is a maniac in there, and I'm nervous he is going to be a maniac after he is born too?
    I'm very curious to know what other peoples opinions and experiences are

Hey Mel,

I will tell you when its born LOL but I am having a very active little Jellybean in there. I would like to hear from Mum's of boys!!

Floss xxx

Yeah me too
    How did you go yesterday?

I didn't notice any difference with mine, they were both pretty much the same activity-wise when I was pregnant.
    BUT they're also fairly similar temperament now that they're out - both of them are fairly easygoing....so there might be something to that theory!

Oh Flea, you make me nervous
    I'm very interested what other mothers have to say.

Hi Mummy Mel - I have only had one bub so far, the second is too small to compare yet, but I just wanted to say that my DS was VERY active in my uterus (I reiterate "VERY") and was born a VERY active boy and is now a VERY active 2 year old. You may be in for one too! But don't worry, it's a lot of fun and I wouldn't change him for the world!!

DD was veeeeeeeeeery active...... will see if this one is any different

OMG ladies!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not officially a nervous wreck!! Just Joking
    How bizarre that everyones bubs have continuted their fetal behaviour into their lives on the outside, it's rather fasciniting to me.
    I'm conveinced now that little boys are harder when they are little, but probably less of a hassle when they are older IYKWIM
    As I'm conveinced now that this little guy is going to be a little wriggley man after he is born. I'm just hoping that he's not going to be a terror like his cousins!! If so, it will make for some fun times with the two of them
    The joys of parenthood.
    Thanks for all your opinions, I find it so fascinating, talking about fetal behaviour.

Sorry, I'm another one to say that active on the inside = active on the outside. I actually had a Paed tell me the same thing once, when I was pg with Noah.

Tehya was a big mover and shaker too, and she sure hasn't slowed down. Never slept as a baby, never stops as a toddler.

Hope your baby is much kinder to you and gives you some rest

storm04 Guest

I dont know if it was just me, but i have two girls and one boy
    The girls always kicked the crap out of me LOL and were constantly doing summersaults and i always found i had a foot in clear view probing at my belly too!
    I remember my freind was over and it looked like i had an alien trying to push its way out!
    I didnt know the sexes at the time but i clearly remember my little man was really really quiet!

On the other hand my sister has two boys, she is due any day now with bub number3 but she doesnt know the sex, she said her boys were quiet but this ones really active, so if its a girl i wlll let you know!

Jen

Hey Jen, did your boys and girl continue their fetal behaviour in the outside world (so to speak)? Maybe your story is the one I'm after that might give me hope yet!

Haven't been pg with a boy yet but - My DD was pretty quiet when i wa pg with her and still is a placid child (most times!).
    Im pg with another girl and this one has moved, kicked, punched non stop (still going now). I was told that this one has more "room to move" in there than DD did. Although if i didnt know the sex i would swear this was a boy - complete different pg's.

storm04 Guest

Oh wow i didnt even think of mentioning that sorry.
    My oldest girl is 9 in a week, youngest girl is just turned 2, my little man is 4.

Miss 9 is so confident and outgoing and outspoken! She is very cluey, and has been from day one but she has no co-ordination at all! Clumsy is one way of putting it but she has always been full on, constantly doing something and she cant sit still ever! Very Loud!! She is artistic as well like her mum! but she has a shocking temper, very emotional as well and litle things get to her at times

Master 4 is so placid and quiet, he will sit there and just play with his cars on the rug, read a book and he has excellent co-ordination, omg he rides round out pee wee 50 in the back yard with no help at all its scary but his far from destructive, his really compassionate and thoughtful and caring and a real mummies boy!
    He has got a tough side, assertive side but rarely uses it he tends to reason which is hilarious! If he wants something and the others wont let him have it he sits there and starts the "now we need to share you know mum likes that and we cant fight you can have it back soon when i am done i just need it for a little bit " LOL its a classic!

Miss 2 is Full on absolutely crazy wild destructive everything haha. She is a combination of both of them, she has a soft side but she is all go go go and very smart for her age. I didnt know i was having her till 26 weeks though but i now when i did find out she was very active in the womb. Believe it or not her personality is the one i love most out of all my kids! She is very caring though and not violent but she is so active, she runs rings around the other two when they were her age. She is talking full on as well which i found my little man didnt talk really till he was 3 or something. She does have an emotional side too but its not as evident as the older sister!
    When i say destructive she is head strong and has to have everything her way!
    IF she was my only child i would be a mess and she would be a spoilt little so and so as i guess i would think its normal lol
    She also tends to know things which freaks me out but thats for another time to share you will think i am wierd if i bring that up! Funny how a 2 year old rubs your tummy and sais baby and you dont know your pregnant yourself yet!
    say no more

I think that though with my youngest what the older ones do she tends to follow their leed and it rubs off on her but she is totally different overall to them
    I do find she tends to slow down a little when the others are at school or kinder but she is very freindly and associates with everyone But she is too smart and cluey for her own good!

Come to think of it i didnt really feel the whole kicking till about 20 weeks with the other two)

I hope this is what you wanted, sorry if i rambled too much! Be interesting to see if its a common thing among all

Jen

Just a side note on the in utero-out of utero activity....

Did anyone notice that their sleeping habits continued? My baby usually sleeps when I do (because I've never been woken up to kicking), and is awake when I am...I'm hoping he will stay this way lol
    Last edited by Ashlee; March 16th, 2007 at 06:10 PM.

Ashlee - my DH told me yesterday arvo that yesterday morning he was amazed I wasn't awake, as the baby was moving so much it woke him up! And he's amazed I don't have bruises on my tummy, cause he reckons he was getting close to getting bruises!

This bub is so, so active. Although I think its got the hiccups at the moment But generally its quiet until about 4pm and then lets loose until around 3 am ... oh gosh I hope it sleeps before 3am out of the womb!

My DD was certainly not as active as this pregnancy, and we are having a boy this time. My DD is very competitive, super organised and bossy (we like to call her a "leader") and while she is very into sport, she is not on the go all the time. She likes to play by herself and her sister (not by birth) drives her mad as she is always on the go. Her mind is usually somewhere with the fairies, she is disorganised and forgetful, but very compassionate, funny and creative.

I was recently reading about star signs, and it seems that Aries boys are very full on, and this baby is due right on the start of Aries! Oh well, maybe it will help me to lose all the extra pregnancy weight by running after him!

Ashlee, when I was pregnant with DD she would always go bananas around dinner time. I don't know if it was food that brought it on, but it definately continued on after she was born, right from the beginning. At around dinner time she would always be unsettled. Made our dinner time an interesting one.
    I'm hoping this time it's different . Because this little guy always goes bananas when I lay down to sleep at night.
    They're amazing little things aren't they?

Mel-WOW Maybe I'll have to report back on whether or not his habits do continue, I'll be wrapped if they do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast