Thread: Baby Hiccups

Default Baby Hiccups

Hi guys..

Since the weekend ive discovered what seems to be my baby hiccuping. Its like a soft taping kind feeling on my inside that lasts about 5 minutes or so and happens every 3 or 4 seconds.
    I said to the midwife yesterday at my hospital appointment.. "Its probably just hiccups but.." and she then jumped in and said "yes its hiccups". I told her about what i was feeling and she explained its common thing thats its just bubs has a full tummy and if i get it alot then he probably will when hes born.. thats its nothing at all to worry about.
    But thing is ive been getting it about twice a day for the past 4 or 5 days.. is it normal to get it that often?

Yep totally normal.
    My DD had them sometimes 3-4 times a day when I was pregnant with her. She got them nearly everyday for a month or two after she was born as well. I kinda liked it - reassured me she was ok and practicing her breathing movements. It's all good

Lorin Guest

Oh i cant wait till i can feel them!!!

Kellxx - yeh I had them alot with this one (didn't with first) and whether or not its coincidence he gets them a couple of times a day now he's out. Luckily hiccups don't disturb babies the way they do us - in fact if he's hiccupping and it's time for a sleep I can put him down and know there won't be any whinges the rhythmic nature seems to lull him off to sleep happily.

Oh thats good to hear. Its kinda scarey all these new things and crazy how you worry about everything when youre pregnant.. i just want him to be perfect.. which i know he already is