Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby movement

clare076 Guest

Default baby movement

When you first felt your baby move, what did it feel like???
    Last friday I had this tickling feeling in my stomach which has become more regular since then. Today it has happened numerous times, especially after eating or drinking something hot. Could this be bubs. I am nearly 18 weeks
    Clare

Melinda Guest

Yes, it sounds like it could be the baby!

To me, I first felt movement at 13w and it was a bubbly sensation. Over time, that movement got stronger and stronger! It's quite common for babies to wriggle and move around after you have eaten something or had a drink.

clare - how exciting!! sounds like bub to me!! i didnt feel anything until 20 weeks, but i think most people do before that.

someone once described it to me like if you poke your tongue into your cheek. i guess it is a little bit like that. iykwim,

Linda

thats what it was like for me as well

hi clare,
    i can't exactly remember with my ds but i think it was around 18-20 weeks that i first felt him move. to start with it felt like a sliding sensation against my belly, then as he got bigger i could definately feel pokes and kicks. i remember exactly where i was and what i was doing the first time i felt him. it was a feeling that you just can't describe properly. \/ it brings a huge smile to my face just thinking about it.

so treasure the moment, and as the days pass it will get more frequent and after time more noticable, until you are begging bubs to stop so you can sleep, or breath because it's feet are in your ribs(LOL)

kas :flower:

I get a mixture of tickles and bumps/kicks. Sometimes it likes to use my bladder as a trampoline which is very uncomfortable!! I first became aware of movement at 18 weeks.

yep sounds like bubs. To me it was like a wriggling feeling just before i turned 20 weeks.

Congrats, its a wonderful feeling indeed \/ \/

clare076 Guest

Ooh how exciting. I thought it might be bubs but wasn't so sure. I am a bit disappointed I haven't felt anything today, but have been running around most of the day. 18 week scan tomorrow so a bit nervous. Hopefully will find out the sex. Yah
    Clare

I felt my baby move at 11weeks, 5 days. It was a bubbly sensation, like having little butterflies in your tummy.

Sounds like your feeling movements.

Take Care

Deeanne

clare, hope all was great at your US, did you find out the sex?

let us know!!

Linda

Clare, yay on feeling bub move - very exciting! I felt bubbles just inside my tummy at 16 weeks. The best feeling in the world at that time - for sure!

Good luck for your scan.

Lee-Ann Guest

Isn't exciting to be feeling bubs!? I felt bubble type feelings at 15 weeks and they got stronger. Now they are definite kicks, but like you I don't feel it all the time. Over the last couple of days bubs has been quiet but when I went for an u/s on Saturday the baby was moving around heaps, I just couldn't feel it.

I felt bubs move around 16 weeks. I reccon it is kind of like gas moving in your belly. I really miss the kicking and I think about it now when I get a tummy rumble.

Custardtart Guest

I felt this one moving much earlier than the other two, so early that I'm sure my obstet thought I was delusional (around 10 weeks), but I recognised it right away - it's very different from indigestion!
    Now I know why I felt him so early, this is one strong baby! At seven months he is kicking me harder than either of my girls ever did, and I think he's starting to bruise along my ribcage with his nightly kicking. I just keep telling myself to look on the bright side and be glad he's not breech!

Enjoy the sensation, the novelty does eventually wear off, and I'm patiently waiting for the day I can put him in his COT to kick and exercise instead of acting like a human punching ball. Mind you, it's really nice to feel a life growing inside you, but it gets old at 4am!

Kerrie

My bubs has been moving for about a week. I spend so long each morning trying to get her to move as I can't handle going a day without feeling anything!!!

Well I pretty sure that I can feel my 2 moving today, for the first time. Like bubbles as the other girls have discribed.

Sal Guest

Gosh Tam that is so exciting!

Well, Sal, I am not 100% sure, but it is bubbles or butterflies, like when you are on a rollercoaster going down hill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast