Thread: Baby Shops in Sydney

Smile Baby Shops in Sydney

Hi girls

Does anyone know of any good baby shops/maternity shops in the Sydney CBD? I'll be visiting Sydney next weekend with some friends and wanted to check some shops out. We will only be in the CBD so I know that will cut my options down but any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sherie

Depends, ar eyou actually heading into the city city? Like right in the city of sydney? I guess Myers on Pitt street would be the main place off the top of my head but other then that I would do a Yellow pages search & see what you come up with.

I know of 3 really good ones in Castle Hill but thats way outside the city

I got some amazing pants out there & tops when I was PG with Matilda

Emma - Hehe, I was in Christchurch over Christmas but I didn't realise I was preggers then...lucky or I would have gone searching for shops then.

FionaJill - Thanks... Yep, I will be right in the centre of the city...staying in George Street in a budget hotel. Won't have a chance to get out of town or to the further suburbs...just Darling Harbour, Central, Circular Quay area and hopefully Birkenhead Point...oh and maybe Manly... I don't know Sydney very well at all...hehe!

Christy - I have no clue where Castle Hill is...my hubby & I are hoping to visit Sydney later this month too...I might have to find out where Castle Hill is for that visit...

When are you coming out?

FionaJill - This weekend actually...along with 7 girlfriends! Hehe, will be an interesting trip!

Well Pitt street mall is good place to start & isn't far from george st, just around the corner. George st is great for Adult shops if your interested LOL!
    Darling Harbour is just going to give you touristy stuff I think. But if you are up to walking there is heaps to see. Um the Queen Victoria Building would be another good spot. I am sure there are a few babyish shops in there. But would be mostly designer types.
    I don't go into the city all that often so I don't know all the places to be but when we do go, there is 2 places we head both for DH. 1 is a comic book store & the other is a book store that is so big it takes up the top floor of one of the shopping centres, its near the QVB I think but not 100%. So we go to these two places then just wander around for the day!

Have fun!

chelleg Guest

I'm not sure about baby shops in the CBD but i do know that Krispy Kreme donuts are in York Street! YUM!!!!

Thanks again girls!

FionaJill - hehe, yeah we get a laugh out of the adult shops, although with the group we've got this time I doubt we'll go in any...

Chelleg - YUM! I love Krispy Kreme donuts...well, one particular type anyway...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

ROFL how come everytime there is a discussion on Sydney Krispy Kreme comes up?!?! I must try them if they are THAT good!!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

goldilocks Guest

Hi Sherie!

I work in the Sydney CBD and have been looking for baby stores myself so I can go wandering during my lunchbreak!

So far the best I can come up with is Myer and David Jones...both have enormous baby/kids clothes departments. I was looking at baby books yesterday...Borders and Angus & Robertson have a fantastic selection.

FionaJill is correct about the QVB. You'll probably find some baby clothes there but it will all be either designer stuff or very expensive in the least!

Most of the baby shops I know are in the suburbs unfortunately. If you're heading to Birkenhead Point, I'm pretty sure they have some baby shops...but don't quote me on that because I haven't been there for years! LOL

Hope you have a fabulous time in Sydney this weekend!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Kelly, I personally don't think your missing out on anything as far as Krispy Kream Donuts go. I have tried them once & I have never had them again. I found them to "Very light". Meaning they are full of air. You bite into it & it just collapsed!

OK Sherie (that sound really weird for me LOL). I got this little pamphlet with the latest PP mag and here are the maternity shops it listed;
    Mum's the word maternity - Chatswood (Lemon Grove), Burwood (Westfield), Castle Hill (Masonic Centre)
    Belly Button maternity - Castle Hill
    Bella - Brookvale
    There is also one in St james Arcade in Pitt Street (near Centerpoint).
    Egg - Double bay

Yeah I must admit, I don't like most of the Krispy Kreme donuts I've tried but there is one particular type that I do like...it's got really yummy icing on top... Mmmmmm...

Goldilocks - I'll definitely check out Myer & DJs in the CBD...we've got a Myers in Wagga but the baby section is quite small and only has clothes and a few other bits & pieces.

Sherieb - haha, yeah it's weird for me to see another Sherie too...so unusual, especially with our spelly! Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can check any of those shops out.

Yeah I must admit, I don't like most of the Krispy Kreme donuts I've tried but there is one particular type that I do like...it's got really yummy icing on top... Mmmmmm...

Goldilocks - I'll definitely check out Myer & DJs in the CBD...we've got a Myers in Wagga but the baby section is quite small and only has clothes and a few other bits & pieces.

Sherieb - haha, yeah it's weird for me to see another Sherie too...so unusual, especially with our spelling! Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can check any of those shops out.

Sherie