Thread: Baby shower for bubby no# 2?????

Red face Baby shower for bubby no# 2?????

I had a baby shower when I was 32 weeks with Isabelle and her album has pics of us all and her pressies etc... I am really conscious that if I don't have one that this lil' fella here might look in his and see that he didn't have one!!! Is that a bit silly??? I feel a bit odd having one so close to having Isabelle's, although I know if it was one of my friends I wouldn't care.

So what did you do? Did you have a baby shower for each child? Or does anyone have any ideas on a baby shower but not!! Heehee that makes NO sense, but with Izzy it was all the girls, maybe we could have a partners thing??
    So confusing and I'd love to have one just to celebrate this new life that we are bringing to the world....

I never got a baby shower for either bub....mainly cos i have no friends!

Maybe once bub is here you can have a get together then?

I attended my b/f's 2nd baby shower on Sat - her kids will be 15 months apart. A girl from her mum's group organised it so except for me, they were all diff people who attended compared to last year's one. I thought it was great!! It was still a nice celebration for another baby and because it was diff people, a diff type of party with diff games.

People did bring pressies but perhaps more thoughtful ones seeing they had all had kids and knew that she would have lots of stuff already. She got a beautiful baby shower book that we made our predictions in and I gave her a pair pf warm PJ pants for hospital and at home after bubs is born. She also got some more "consumables" because you alwyas need nappies and wipes etc.

If a friend offers - I say go for it!

I would have a baby shower (altho technically I guess a friend/relative organises it for you). I think it's important that every bub's arrival is celebrated and anticipated, regardless of when their sibling was born!

I have heard it called a baby "sprinkle" for 2nd and subsequent children! I guess as a bit of a hint that it's less about the material things and more about the celebration of the new little one.

I like the idea of a "sprinkle"! And Jennifer I agree that it shouldn't matter at all. My sister mentioned it a while ago because she organised my shower for Izzy, so I'm just waiting for her to bring it up again and I'll have an idea in my head of what to do. Different groups of friends sounds ok, but even with just a few MG girls, I don't have that many girlfriends so it would definately be a similar grouping of people.
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

I love the idea of a baby sprinkle!

I didn't have one with DS2, but I'm not much of a party person when it comes to things for myself. I had my 30th when I was pg with him too and just ignored it LOL! I love parties for other people though and think a baby "sprinkle" would be fun!

We've had baby showers for all our friends second babies...nothing as major as the first time around but just a get together, a few little pressies & lots of food & chatting... I am hoping my friends will do the same for me this time around...hehe!

I was wondering the same thing about baby showers for 2nd babies. My mum says that it's traditional to do it for the first but not the second...but I am just going to go along with whatever happens. If my friends organise something,then great...and if they don't I won't be dissapointed either. Though there are 3 of us due within 3 weeks of each other so I can't see them saying yeah here's a baby shower for the other two but not you Michelle because you already had one.

I was contemplating this too.....I think it's a nice way to catch up with everyone before you have the baby and have no time to see anyone! Being number two and already having pretty much everything I need, I was thinking of saying no presents, just a catch up with the girls. Guess I'll have to start thinking about it soon!