Thread: Baby Shower Ideas

Lightbulb Baby Shower Ideas

Hi Everyone

I'm thinking of throwing my SIL a baby shower in a few weeks and was hoping some of you girls can give me some ideas as to what we could do....

It's going to be a suprise and i'm going to book into a local restaurant which my SIL's best friend owns, as this is the only way she will be able to come. I'm also going to make a novelty cake which should be fun, but i'm just after some ideas as to what goes on at a baby shower, as i've never actually been to one myself...

Thanks heaps girls...

There are games you can play (there is a thread on that around here somewhere). I've been to some where they have heaps of games (but they seem a bit full on) and others where everyone just sits around, opening pressies and having a coffee and cake. Would your SIL be comfortable with loads of games, or a more informal approach? A lunch sounds like a great idea, as is the cake.

Some of the games can be;
    the fastest person the put a nappy on the baby (doll)
    Guessing the sex and weight of the baby (a bit anti-climatic because you don't know who won until after the event)
    Put a heap of pegs ona bit of rope and the person who can take off the most pegs and hold them in one hand wins.

There are heaps of others too. try googling it.

Moving to General Pregnancy Discussion

Click HERE for some great baby shower games

also a thread HERE

Ones I've been to have had:
    -Memory, where you see a tray of baby items and then it gets taken away and you have to write down what you remember being on the list.
    -You write a girls and boys name for every letter of the alphabet in secret, and then the group shares their names for A, then B, etc. You get one point for every unique name (as in, if someone else has the name, you don't get a point).

And guessing the sex, name, weight, date of the baby..
    And then just chatting and food and drinks. And some you bring presents to, and others you put money in a jar so they can get their pram or whatever it is they want.

But those 2 games are fun and not too awkward and lame

(My husband just said 'according to the data...that's two missions' I think he's asleep...)
    Last edited by Nelle; May 26th, 2006 at 12:41 AM.

I had Pin The doodle on the Dude at mine! LOL
    Um also guessing the girth of the mum to be. use either some toilet paper or ribbom or something & every one guess a length of how much it will take to fit around mums waist. The closest wins. A good Ice breaker is to get everyone to take the length of toilet paper they think they will need for the duration of the party & then get everyone to go around in a circle & give some parenting tips for each square of toilet paper they have. Don't tell them this what they have to do untill after they have their length of paper. The peg game. Get everyonr to take turns at holding a baby (doll) and see how many pegs they can remove from the clothes line (rope or curtain works well for inside) using only one hand & without using anybody part to correct the pegs so they don't drop any. The winner is the person who can hold the most with out dropping them.
    LOL Guess the smell! Put some interesting smells in some disposable nappies & see if people can guess (peanut butter etc).

A good game we played was that we made a whole bunch of questions and had a quiz. Just went on to any pregnancy/baby websites and asked interesting factual questions. We finished itoff with match the celeb to the baby (all the weird named ones). xo

Shan the main BellyBelly site has an article on Baby Shower Games if that helps you any. It can be found HERE

Love

I didn't have any games, we just had an arvo tea in a garden & sat around & talked about heaps of stuff. The girls all passed around a journal with words to the baby about DH & I. That was really sweet.

I have held a couple for friends... we played a few games, but not too many as guest can get 'over it'

Games ideas -

- Freeze jelly babies in ice cubes, each guest gets one and a disposable cup and the have to melt it to 'give birth to the jelly baby' either do it without touching the ice or without chewing/crunching - both work well.

- Guess the number of smarties in the bottle.

- Giant nappy, divide guests into groups of 4-6 and give each group a roll of toilet paper. the group needs to dress a group member in a nappy made from the toilet paper only mum to be chooses the best nappy - it's amazing the creatibvity with this one, at one BS a group made nappy pins out of toilet paper too...

- Baloon pop, if you have names picked out write a heap of names on peices of paper and only once writing the chosen names for the baby, (or say all human names then once mickey and minnie) the guests need to pop balloons with their bums or legs and the person to find the right names wins.

- pass the nappy, just like pass the parcel, but you tell guests that there is a giant nappy at the end and the person who ends up with it has to wear it for the rest of the day. Put some freddo frogs in some of the layers too, when the last person gets the parcel, they will open it to find a tiara or a dummy on a string to wear - not as embarresing as they thought!

Thats all I can thinkof off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned... but for mine we are only playing a couple of games, and I am getting a beautician to come round and give people manicures/pedicures (basic) and we will d a little self pampering too!

HTH

Thanks heaps girls....i think it will have to be fairly quiet games coz we'll be in a restaurant, but i really like some of the ideas.....especially the baby book to write messages in....i'll check out those threads too....thanks heaps.

cutebloke04 Guest

For my baby shower we played a few silly games one my sister blew my hospital picture of me up and brought a dummy and cut the tip of it off and we played pin the dummy on my head (blu-tak on the dummy so it sticks) very funny indeed.... We also played guess the flavour baby food was very interesting and tasted awful but everybody got into it. We only played the two games it was enough...