Thread: Baby shower - present suggestions?

Default Baby shower - present suggestions?

I have a girlfriend of mine coming down next weekend to organise my baby shower. She wants me to put together a list of stuff I want incase anyone asks her what I need. But I have no idea!! The only request I've made so far is no nappies - as I want to use cloth so don't want a stockpile of disposables.

We've chosen a pram, so I'm thinking of adding a couple of pram extras to the list.. but they are about $60 (is that too much to ask??)

I'm planning to breastfeed (if all goes well) so do I still need a good supply of bottles and a steriliser etc? Coz a few of my friends work at chemists and have said they can get me Avent stuff at cost.

Any suggestions of what I can put on my list would be appreciated!

Hey there, first of all congratulations!!

I think you should get some bottles and sterilizers on hand just in case for waht ever reason you are unable to breastfeed Better to be safe than sorry.

Theres always dummies, cloth nappies, bouncer, cot sheet sets, baby bath, toys, clothes, bonnets, booties, you can get people to make up mini hampers with baby shampoo-talcum powder-nappy cream-baby oil-baby brush etc etc.

Just go through and work out everything you will need for when you bring the baby home...and then advise everyone of the easy little things that dont matter if you dont choose them yourself

Hope that helps a little bit

Friends of mine have received vouchers for massages, predicures, manicures, haircuts and facials etc. Another one got a tree to plant when the baby was born (her shower was close to her due date). I've given vouchers to have vinyl labeling done with the baby's name (i do it after the baby arrives). Hope this gives you some ideas

sherieb

those are great ideas i would never have thought of!!

massges and haricuts, waxing etc etc
    all the things you will forget about when you put all you focus into the baby!

thats great with vouchers cos then you have to use em!!
    pamper time!

oooh yeah! Forget the baby... make it a mummy-shower! LOL. Good ideas!

A HAPPY MUMMY IS A HAPPY BUBBY :d:d:d

My friends have asked me about a list too - I didnt want to give them one as I thought it was a bit embarassing but they insisted. I put down and told them to all chip in to make it easier and cheaper.

Nappy disposal system
    Baby Bath towels
    Extra bibs
    Night light
    Bin for baby's room

Another friend has already told me she is going to buy me either a bouncer or a playmat.

My mummy got us a bassinet.

I hope that helps. I told people not to really buy us clothes as I really have bought heaps already.

Princess - I don't really want to give a list either, but she only wants it incase anyone asks. I guess it helps people not to double up on things too. I know if it was me buying I'd want to know what they want. Or if I was planning on buying something like a bouncer I'd want to know the one they wanted.

Yeah... I think I'll tell people not to buy clothes too, altho its the only way bubby will get "nice" outfits, coz I'm not spending money on fancy clothes for him. hehe.

Baby bath towels is a good idea. Maybe some natural products for bathtime - stuff I wouldn't normally buy, makes it a bit more special than a basket full of johnson's baby shampoo. hehe.

This is good, thanks girls. Keep the ideas coming

i think it is best to ask people to get things that you would like but would never buy yourself!

like fancy things or other things that would be nice but you wouldnt spend your own personal money on.

thats what i do for birthdays too

vouchers for baby photographs or handmoulds etc, a tummy mould kit, baby's first year photo album.
    A few bottles wouldn't hurt for when bubs starts drinking water or if you want to express so you can have a night off occasionally. Also if you use dummies you will want to sterilise them.
    Small items - breast pads, nice natural lotions and potions for bubs and for you too, IMO you can't have too many baby clothes - the more you have the less often you need to do a load of washing.
    You can do a wish list on some of the cloth nappy sites so people can get you cloth nappies

DoubleK Guest

I think presents for mum & dad are a great idea! something that they may not want to buy or pay for themselves

Also portrait photos are great... perhaps a voucher?

Rach