Thread: Baby Shower Question

Default Baby Shower Question

Hey Everyone

This may seem like a really silly question but seeing as we know the sex of the baby I wanted to have a colour theme party. I was thinking blue invitations, serviettes, cups etc and blue cup cakes with blue streamers or balloons. There are a huge amount of people coming (I have a big family LOL) and almost everyone knows the sex. However there are a few people who don't want to know the sex and now I feel as though I can't have the theme I wanted. Also I'm worried about trying to keep the other 40 or so people in the room quiet about the sex... virtually impossible almost.

Now the people who don't want to know are my step-mum (who doesn't agree with my being pregnant at all) and my grandad's partner (who is just old fashioned and I'm not sure will come anyway).

I guess my question is - am I being rude in having the shower with a theme and even if I didn't do the blue theme would I be able to keep everyone else quiet and is it fair of me to ask them to do that anyway??? My view is that it was my decision to find out and share the sex with everyone so it shouldn't matter. Like I said fairly trivial but I can already see the family dramas that could occure lol! I'd appreciate any ones opinions!

Maybe give them warning that you are doing a themed party. If they don't want to know the sex then they don't have to go. That way the ball is in their court, and you can still have the party that you want.

love

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady
    Maybe give them warning that you are doing a themed party. If they don't want to know the sex then they don't have to go. That way the ball is in their court, and you can still have the party that you want.
    I agree. I would just warn them and let them decide what they want to do.
    Good luck

Thanks Girls!

That's what I was thinking of doing. I just didn't want to change my plans when it was my decision to find out!

Also I don't think there's any way that it could have been kept from them when everyone else in the room knows any way.

As silly as it seems I can't wait to make the cupcakes and ice them blue heehee!!

I like Kathryn's idea too.

I hope you have a lovely Baby Shower, Lea.

I had the same question. I'll be 7 months when I have mine and I decided on that mainly because a few people travel with work and we decided around them and Easter and the fact I wouldn't want to be more then 8 months! I'm not sure what everyone else decides on! Hope this helps!

I think if people know the sex you are going to be getting a lot of gender specific presents anyway (clothes etc) SO that would be a giveaway right there. You might as well make the whole room blue!

Sorry double post