Thread: Baby shower without games?

Default Baby shower without games?

Hi girls,

Hope this is in the right section!

I am hosting a baby shower for a friend this weekend, but she doesn't want to have any games. I love games!!! I have made it an afternoon tea at my place, but I'm really not sure what else to do apart from food, decorations and pink and blue stuff that will make it feel baby shower-ish. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a great way to do a baby shower. You could have some jelly baby, chicos & milk bottle lollies.

Can you have a guessing comp? It's not really a game but people can make their prediction of what it will be, when it will be born etc.

Another thing - at my baby shower my gfriend got everyone to say how they knew me and some advice. People said the most awesome things!

not sure what else! I LOVE games too!

Maybe have a book or some cards that people can decorate or write nice things in.

Hehehehe sounds like me! My baby shower is this weekend and we're not having any games because I don't want them.

My sis was going to do a jelly baby guessing competition (jar full of jelly babies and whoever guessed the clsoest to how many was in there wins!), not really a game but fun anyway!

I love the suggestion of a book. I want people to write down a few some support and encouragement that I can read if things are tough once bub comes.

I wouldn't do games if she doesn't want them. I REALLY dont want any, I just want people around me... we actually called ours a Before Baby BBQ (BBBBQ lol!). It's not so unusual not to want games lol.

I didn't have any games at my baby shower. We just had a group of close friends and family and it was male and female...so really more of a gathering for arvo tea. It was so nice and relaxing

smiles4u Guest

Wink

I saw a show on Austar about a family in USA that had a 'baby shower', ... guys & gals invited

... They didn't have any games other then they had a children's chalkboard in which they wrote their own name & the guess of whether male or female baby, ... & the guess of the baby's weight, ... & the guess of the initial of the baby's first name, and the guess of the birthdate

They were all entertained by their own personal choices in what they thought was to come !!

Later on when the baby was born ... The person who was 'Closest' to guessing was given a special gift from the baby

I didn't have games for my baby shower, but I had a chocoholics anonymous party as my baby shower... It was great! Something for everyone!

If she doesn't want games, maybe see if you can still provide things for people to 'do'. Reason being it helps guests who don't know each other to meet each other and start chatting.

At mine (apart from games) there was a book going round where each person filled in a page or so -they had to guess a whole lot of things like names, weight, date, who the bub will look like, what its personality will be like, what it'll be interested in...it's pretty fun to read later on.
    Something else that people had to write down was some good practical advice, I got all sorts of good advice.

Another baby shower I went to there were singlets and fabric paint, and people decorated a singlet for the bub when they got a moment.

Anyway, my point is, that's totally cool if your friend doesn't want games, but it's a good idea to have some talking/interacting points, so that the person who doesn't know anyone gets an opportunity to meet people without it being awkward.