Thread: Baby Showers!

DoubleK Guest

Default Baby Showers!

Hi everyone!
    Not sure if im posting this is the right section or not, please let me know if i'm not!

I've been recently thinking about having a baby shower, and im after some advice and ideas on making it a success!
    My mum said she will take care of everything, but we're not really sure where to start!

I've only been to one shower, and im a bit nervous at planning one!

Any ideas and suggestions??

Thanks

Rach

My advice is: get someone else to plan it for you! hehehe. A girlfriend of mine is throwing me one early Feb

Depends what you want to happen at your shower I guess. Some people just get together with a few pressies, some people play games. There's probably lots of ideas out there on the net if you google it.

Have fun organising it! I've actually never been to one, so whatever happens at mine I'll be happy with. It'll be fun just getting together with the girls one last time without kids! LOL.

I'm in the same boat - I'm planning my baby shower with my mum and would love any ideas or suggestions! Also, what is the normal time for baby showers?? I'm planning mine for about 30 weeks.

All I've got so far is the string game - where each person cuts a length of string that they think will fit around the guest of honours belly... that's a bit of a laugh!

Pietta Guest

Lea that was the game i was going to suggest- also we had a trying to hold a baby (doll) and take pegs off the line- see how many you could hold in one hand- and you can only use the one hand.

With regards to the presents i opened mine in front of everyone because everyone likes to see what you got and see you excited when you open their present.

I also had mine at around 25 weeks but i was excpetionally impatient!!

ALSO let someone else organise it for you coz i was stressed organising mine!!

At my baby shower we started with name tags, everyone got one as they walked in there was pram, cot, nappy etc Was very funny, and you had to refer to the person as that name. (my friend even got vomit...)
    We played guess the chocolate (you put a mushed up choc bar in a nappy and pass it around. Totallygross but fun). Also got a few jars of baby apple and paired up. Had to be the quickest to feed one partner the whole jar, they weren't allowed touch it. I choked!!!
    We had yummy food, finger s'wiches, and lots of mini food (little smoked salmon tartlets, mini pink cupcakes.. was for a girl)!!!!!!!!
    Then I opened pressys at the end. It went for 2.5 hours and was lots of fun. We also had a quiz, my sister and SIL organised all the games. They found questions, we teamed up and it was fun xoxox

Kelly did a post on Baby Shower activites on the main site, you can just click HERE
    and this may give you some ideas on what to do.

If you can though get someone else to organise it so you can relax and enjoy the day.

angelique Guest

When in your pregnancy is the best time to have a baby shower?

I'll be nearly 33 weeks when I have mine. No idea if it's a good or bad time. I'm guessing it's more fun if the mum-to-be actually looks well and truly pregnant! But I guess it depends on how comfortable you are at different stages of the pg. I haven't had many discomforts (yet!) so later on suits me fine.

DoubleK Guest

Thank you so much girls!

i'm thinking about having mine at about 30 weeks.
    i'm not that fussed on games, perhaps a couple. i'm just looking forward to catching up with all my girlfriends and family before the baby arrives!

Rach

I had mine last weekend and had such a ball!!

I invited only 16 people, the closest of my friends and had tea, champagne and gorgeous tea food such as ribbon sandwiches and tiny quiches.

My gorgeous mum prepared everything and decorated the rooms with tulle and roses and fine bone china tea sets.

Didnt play any games though, the only thing we did was have everyone write a special message for our baby so I can keep them and one day share them with our little one.

Have a great one!