Thread: Baby smaller than date...should this be concerned??

suzyaaron Guest

Default Baby smaller than date...should this be concerned??

Hi all..

Since this is my first pregnancy, Is it normal to have baby smaller than date? LIke in my situation, since last month, when my doctor make an ultrasound scanning, my baby is slightly smaller than dates..LIke yesterday, I went for a check up, now I am 38 weeks and 5 days but my baby looked like 34 weeks now and sometimes it doesn't accurate. As well as my due date. I should deliver on this 31 march and the due date sometimes dragged till 14th of march. Right now my baby weight about 2.2kg. Should this be normal to u guys??? I hope everything will b fine, I cant stop worrying..

sorry i don't really know. is your doctor concerned? maybe you should talk to them about your fears.

The further into your pregnancy that you are the more inaccurate ultrasound measurements can be. Ultrasounds are more accurate for dating purposes when they're done in the 1st trimester so at your stage of pregnancy it could be weeks out. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure your doc would have mentioned if there was anything to be concerned about. I would go by the due date you were given earlier in your pregnancy.

All the best.

suzyaaron Guest

Well, so far, my doctor says nothing. He says that maybe my baby is small. Generally baby's condition everything is ok but it just my feelings didnt feel good. Im afraid something will happened to my baby. Well, the docotr now asked me to keep on track of my baby's movements.

I pray everything will be fine and as long as my baby is safe & healthy. Just cant wait to see him soon..

Thanks.

Suzy
    No formula for estimating fetal weight has achieved an accuracy which enables us to recommend its
    use. It should be noted that errors are reported for one standard deviation only and that even at this
    level the accuracy is disappointing.
    This is part of the policy statement from The autraliasian society for ultrasound in medicine.

They admit that they can not predict the weight of your unborn baby with any accuracy yet the doctors continue to do them

I'm sure that your baby will be fine

suzyaaron Guest

Gee..Thanks Alan. Yeah, I agree with u either..My feelings always says that my baby will be just fine and healthy and who knows on the day he will be born, he become a huge boy that I never thought he will be..but in the same time I cant escape form thinking negatively. I'm over worried..LOL

Thanks everyone.

Suzy
    I think that every pregnant woman has at one time during her pregnancy had a feeling or thought that there may be something wrong. Everything will be fine.

suzyaaron Guest

Yep, I guess Im not the only one who got negative thinking... I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and was wondering when "my day" will come. So far, i didnt face any pains yet except..felt nesting instinct (these few days), diarrhea & vaginal discharge. On my last check ups my doctor also told me that baby's head begin to descend lower into my pelvis. So is these signs mean that Im going to deliver soon?? Cant wait but in the same time afraid of the pain too..