Thread: Baby Thermometres

Lorin Guest

Default Baby Thermometres

Can you tell me which thermometres you used or are going to use on your newborn baby. I have heard you cannot use the ear ones on new borns as you are not allowed to stick anything in their ears. So tell me what to use. I need to buy one as they are fairly exy so i will have to start shopping around and also what brand to go for

The small digital thermometers which can be put in the mouth or under the arms are good for newborns and are quite inexpensive. There are also ones which look like a bit of plastic and can be placed on their foreheads too.

When they refer to not putting anything in babies' ears, they mean more just cotton buds and cleaning, but those ear thermometers don't go all the way into the ear anyway.

I've got the braun themoscan and you can use that in babies ears it's doesn't go all the way in.

I got mine on special a month ago i saved $30.

Sal Guest

I got a Braun thermoscan, too. Got it really cheap (try epharmacy). Chances are you won't need to use it on your bub for a few months, so don't worry about that.

try ebay I got a brand new digital ear one similiar to the braun for under $30

Lorin Guest

Ok thats great Thanks girls much appreciated.