Thread: Babys Due Date..

Default Babys Due Date..

You ladies are going to think im NUTS! but how would i work out my babys due date??

The first day of my last menstrual period was 31/8/05 but i didn't ovulate until 25/9/05 so would i work it as a 35 day cycle or 39 day cycle?

8-[

EDIT: Sorry i posted this is the wrong section, i think im too used to hanging around here..

Hey Rac, it's calculated from the first day of your last period. So that would make your due date the 7th June 2006!

Awsome, thankyou for verifying that..

jess127 Guest

congratulations Rac

Isn't it calculated by first day of last period???

it is calculated by LMP date (past monthly period date) but this is mainly for the drs and the like...you would definitely get a more accurate due date calculating by the ovulation date...

I would go with 18 June as well!

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Your date will be confirmed with your first u/s anyway. Maybe go for a date in the middle!! They come out when they want to anyway and no date we are given can change it!! Maybe use the 13th June - haha

*TamaraP* Guest

Because my cycles were smack bang on 28 days, my OB just worked it off that giving me a EDD of 6/6/06... from my LMP

He said I will have a definate by the u/s but he is pretty sure this is right...

Isn't it the day you start your period, know as to when you're due?? 8-[

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It's always better to go for the furthest date anyways, as Obs will start the push to induce you after a certain time over your EDD so if you have an earlier one, baby just might not be ready yet. Ovulation is more accurate if you know when it was, scan dates are not the best either and only 5% of babes come on their EDD! The majority come in the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the EDD.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Melinda Guest

Going by your LMP is only accurate if you have 28 day cycles. If your cycles are longer than this, then you should go by the ovulation date.

Well i went to the docs today and she said because my cycle is not regular and this month i ovulated on day 25/26 i should take the date back a week so it puts me due on or around the 14th June..

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Haha Rac...Did you see the date I put? 13th, really think I should have been a Dr.!! Again Congratulations Chicky

Oh and I am behaving, sitting here eating a WHOLE thing of Pringles!! I blame the baby.....He wants them!

Hey Rac.... CANGRATULATIONS.... SOOOO happy for you, You deserve it!

Google 'pregnancy expected due date calculator' and the best one is about 3 - 4 sites down... it's called hpathy or something. It lets you enter you first day of last period, and your average cyle length amd LP if you know it... it will give you the EDD and the day you were most likely to concieve and of course how far along you are!

Good Luck.... wishing you an extremely H&H pg!!!

Racs - That`s great that you have a due date now but will more then likely change when you have your first u/s. Good luck

Belle28 Guest

Hey Racooooooon,

Based on a 35 - 39 day cycle your due date would be 14th - 18th June 06.

Hope this helps...

Congrats again little sis. From your bug sis O

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]