Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby's heartbeat vs Baby's sex

Default Baby's heartbeat vs Baby's sex

Hi All!!

I am curious to know whether your baby's heart beat determined what sex your baby is.

One of the preggy mum's in my belly buddies said if the baby's heart beat is over 140 it will be a girl and if the baby's heart beat is below 139 it'll be a boy.

So what is your baby's heart beat and what sex is your baby? I got my first scan today and heart beat is at 116, but sex unknown cause I am only around 7wks!

lol I think that must be an old wives tale. After my 4 scans so far my bubs heartbeat was always over 140 and its definitely a boy

Isnt it the mums heartbeat not bubbas????

Danni - yes it is an old wives tale but I am kinda curious to see if it was true for anyone!

Jane - ummm no I dont know if it would be the mum's heart beat..

Old wives tale maybe but bub's heartbeat was always over 140 (usually closer to 150bpm) during my pregnancy. And yes, baby turned out to be a girl.

This baby has always been over 140bpm and it's a girl. When pg with Alex his was around he 140bpm also it never dropped much below that.

I think it depends on what bubs is doing when they check the HB. At some scans it's been 150bpm but has also been lower it never stays around the same.

I thought it was over 150 for girl and below for a boy.

with eliana her heartbeat was always up around 160
    this bubba was 153 now 138 though couldnt tell the sex - i think its a boy so we will see at 27 weeks

I think it has to be a resting heartrate.. Most ultrasounds poor bubba is not resting at all! after being prodded around..

with DD - 12 week rate 163 with DS 12 week rate 153..

Well would the baby's heartbeat be fast if the mother has a fast heart beat?

It worked out right for me. All of my boys had the slower heartbeat and Tehya always had a faster heartbeat.

Apparently this is true - but only during labour. So when you're pushing, get them to measure the heartbeat and then you'll know a whole three minutes earlier!

Liebling's heartbeat is usually around 136-148, so not giving anything away here.

I am friends with a chinese herbal doctor and a spiritual type of person (sorry dont know the correct term)

He took my "3 types" of pulses from both of my wrists for about 10 minutes each. If the mothers pulse is more prominent and faster on the right wrist it is supposed to be a girl and vice versa.

Unfortunately mine was wrong and said girl! haha

Em's heartbeat was normally high - around 160... and he was a boy.

My GP and I had a conversation about this the other day.

She said if the heartbeat is measured weekly from around 34 weeks onward you will see a pattern, and if over 140 it's a girl, under is boy, and it is quite accurate in her experience. We will see when I get that far along, I'll already know the sex so should be interesting!!

BTW My baby's HB has been 169 (8 weeks), 167 (13 Weeks), 154 (14 Weeks 5 Days), and last time it was measured it was 133 (16 weeks) resting, and as high as 166 active. So, I'm confoozled lol

DD was around 160 the whole way through my pregnancy with her.

DS was at 160 for the first half of his pregnancy, by the end he was always around 140ish.

i cant remember what joshuas HB was during pregnancy..

chloes was always around the 150-160marks .. this pregnancy is always around 138-145 mark, we dont know what were having yet so will see.. still hoping to somehow manage another ultrasound hehe

Babushka Doll Guest

What a great thred - as Im not allowed to find out the gender, this could be a hint of what is to come.. Blue or Pink?
    Bubs has always been 164bpm or thereabouts, never lower than 160bpm! Girl?

Everyone's baby's heart beat seems to be real high compared to mine!! or is it just because my bub's heartbeat has been taken at around 7wk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast