Thread: babys room decor

beck.o Guest

Default babys room decor

hi everyone.
    i want to start on my babys room. im painting on the weekend but i still have no idea on fitting out the room. ive seen some nice stuff on the internet but i dont really want to order linen etc from overseas. does anyone have any brands i could look up in australia?
    my sons room was nice when he was a baby and that was just from people giving us stuff and us just working out our own decor but this time i just feel the need to coordinate. maybe cause this one is a little girl?
    anyway, any ideas would help. ive seen some ok bertini and bubba blue in myer and djs but that is mainly sheet sets. id love wall hangings and lamps and all the O.T.T. extras!!!!

beck

Beck - not being from Brisbane I don't know where up there you could try, but there's an Australian online baby shop called Baby on a Budget (don't know if I'm allowed to post the link here, but I'm sure you can figure out the address!!) They have some pretty matching sets...

beck.o Guest

thanks, ill check it out now.

beck

Hey Beck,

I checked out my trusty nappy bag book for you, there are some great shops out there.

Duck Home looks like it has some nice stuff...

I really like the look of Treehouse, I shall PM you the site links

Let me know if you need more, they both have plenty of the OTT extras!

Pietta Guest

Hello!!

I actually found that Baby Target in WA had alot of stuff for the Bubbas rooms. Dont know what it is like anywhere else though- sorry

Hey Beck,

I went to Babies Galore here in Sydney. Not sure if they have them in Brisbane but you could try. I got everything for Tehya's room there, it's all in a set. You can get the bed linen, wall hangings, lamps, drawknobs, rugs, curtains, linen hampers you name it, all in the same range.

Goodluck in your decorating, it's so much fun doing a little girls room

Take care
    Trish

beck.o Guest

thanks pee. baby target in bris has really improved over the last couple of years. they do have some really nice stuff at the one closest to me.

nellbe-thanks for those links. i actually went into little peoples linen (little linen) yesterday and bought a quilt but i cant remember what brand it was. its all a blur of pink and apple green in the mist that used to be my brain.
    the woman that helped me said to start with the cot linen and go from there. they have amazing wall hangings and chandelier lamps etc. my poor suffering dh. well, i warned him that girls were going to be more expensive than boys. tee hee.

beck

Bec - where abouts in Brissie are you? At the Logan Hyperdome there is a independant baby store where they sell the most gorgeous range of baby room designs. Both Juliette & I have the same Farmyard theme but there is also a sea theme, fairy theme and another one that I can't recall right now.

I know they sell that brand in other stores but at this particular store they have it set out around & in the cots to show you what it looks like. In fact Trish, it sounds like you might have the same brand for Tehya as we got. This one comes in a range of stuff also including lampshades, wall runners etc. The brand is 'Kidsline' but the packaging unfortunately doesn't have a website listed.

Becka, I just checked out the baby on a budget site and they have the same set that I go t for Tehya on there. Yep your right it is the Kidsline stuff. I got the Gossamer Wings, you can see it on the budet site. I must say thought, they were more expensive than Babies Galore.

Take care
    Trish

Re kidsline. I bought the 'Malawi' design.
    They are really good quality too! A little expensive but I think well worth the cost.

beck.o Guest

i know the range youre talking about. its great how they have everything matching. ive got a brochure here at home.
    youre right. its very exciting planning a little girls room.

beck

Ellibam Guest

we have gone with a Beach theme and i have been having soooooo much trouble trying to find suitable nursery stuff, every thing seems to be teddies,farm yard, pooh or disney.

Ms Lee Guest

'freckles' is another site you can try.

Ellibugs, 'babyonabudget' has a Sealife theme.

We have a Rugrats theme for Alexzander's room. Although it is pretty hard to find things in Australia, but I have got heaps from eBay.

We painted Emily's room a lilac colour and I bought some big pink and purple flowers to hang on the wall from Lombard's party supplies - they are a thick cardboard and look great and cheaper than wall-hangings from baby shops.

Good thinking Berry