Thread: Baby's Sex and Heart Rate

Default Baby's Sex and Heart Rate

I've heard the story that a higher heart rate is usually a girl, and a lower one is usually a boy. My mom says it was usually true for her pregnancies. My girls both had heart rates around 150ish in earlier pregnancy, which became somewhat lower (130-140) towards the end. This baby has a heart rate of 130-135, so far, and so I'm wondering if it is a boy. (I also did not throw up with this pregnancy, and have more zits and put on more weight, so far .) The Chinese Gender Calendar says it's a boy too. So it must be.
    Anyone else have a pretty good idea of what they were having from the heart rate?

all 3 of mine indicated boys from the heartrate and I had 3 boys all were around 140bpm.

CatherineL Guest

I'm expecting a girl and heart rate was 176bpm.

Sorry, my Dr tried the guess the other day based on heart rate and got it wrong! So it might be true for the majority but not always...!

2 out of 2 for me. DD was high until the end, and this little guys has been low the whole way so far.

Both of mine were high and I've got one of each.
    Though DS did come down to around 140 in the last couple of months.

My bubs heart rate has always been fairly high so far 150/160, and I'm expecting a boy.

Yep 154 BPM pretty constantly here, and I'm having a boy!
    I've also hardly put on a kilo, and still suffereing m/s which started at week 9. And my pimples have all but gone.....

I was lead to beleive that anything over 140 bpm was 'meant' tp indicate girl, so its wrong here!!

This bubs has had a consistent heart rate of approx 160bpm and the 19 week scan showed a little girl. It depends on whether baby is sleeping or really active at the time of measuring. If bubs is asleep then lower heart rate but if they are more active and jumping around then they will obviously have a higher rate

The normal heartrate is between 110 and 160. It will go higher when your baby is moving and will be lower when your baby is sleeping. The sex of your baby will not influence the heartrate

160 all the way through and I have seen a penis at all 3 ultrasounds, I will let you know if he comes out a girl though

Ooh yes Sarah let us know - it looks like it is close for you!! How exciting! Hope you have been feeling good...I bet you are getting impatient now - I cant wait for my little one to arrive and I am only half way there!!

I wanted him out at 28 weeks!! After seeing photos of premmies I soon changed my mind though. Very impatient. 3 more days to go!!!

Good luck, I will look out for your annoucement and will think of you in 3 days.
    Love the name too - Noah is one of my top picks for a boy!