Thread: Bad back while pg

Default Bad back while pg

What can i take or use for a bad back ?

The last couple of days my back has been hurting and today at one stage i couldn't move it at all which is no fun when you have two small kids to look after.

You can take panadol type products. I had bad upper back problems with Blake and ended up with physio twice a week until I worked out it was caused by wearing a bra - ended up wearing close fitting stretchy singlets instead and said goodbye to my physio for the rest of my pg. You could call a physiotherapist to see what they recommend. I know mine said not to use Dencorub or Deep Heat - cant remember which one as it has something in it pg women shouldn't have. Have you spoken to your HCP about it?

Hope you find something to help
    Last edited by wardygirl; October 17th, 2006 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

You could try booking for a massage. I had a few with each pg and they are wonderful. I also continued to see my chiropractor during pg too which helped. You can't use deep heat, but not sure about dencorub, but check the box if you are unsure.

I've just booked myself in to see the Dr and see if they can give me some stronger pain killers as i know you can take panadine forte while pg hopefully they will let me have some.

Depends on what kind of back pain it is. I love my chiro during pg, he can get rid of all the hip and back pai, it's just a matter of making time to get in to see him. Maybe see a chiro???

I used a lavendar heat pack wrapped round my back. It definately helped but may be a bit difficult to keep on if you're running around after the kids. Maybe at least to help you sleep.

I saw the Dr and she thinks i have just pulled a muscle and it should be gone in a few days. I have to rest and take panadol every 4 hrs not sure how she thinks i am going to rest.