Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being pregnant in winter....

Cool Being pregnant in winter....

really sucks.
    I hate it... I wish I could just throw on a loose skirt, singlet, thongs and necklace and be done with my outfit for the day, like I could with Izzy and not worry about how comfortable I am because I AM comfortable.... So easy to look nice in summer.

My pg jeans are harry high pants ones that roll down when I'm sitting and after a few hours kill my c/s scar area.
    My cargos are not pg ones and still fit but sit low on my scar and hurt...
    My skirts are all flowy summery ones that would look terrible with tights and ballet slippers...
    My work pants are work pants
    My MOST comfy pants right now are my Bonds black trackies - mmmmm great look.... and I really am one of those people who feel [email protected] if I am dressed like [email protected]!

Anyone else find this?????

Methinks I will go shopping today and buy SOMETHING nice but casual to wear.

I havent been able to find any pg clothes that fit, that dont cost $200 for a pair of pants (cause Im so small). The pg stuff I have got doesnt fit properly (all too big). And its all too thin & Im always cold coz its the middle of winter & the jumpers are made out of t-shirt material.
    Im pretty much living in trackies, and not going anywhere! It makes me feel better if I put some make-up on though, even if Im just hanging around the house.
    So Im glad I only have a couple of weeks to go!

Its different up here cos its still warmish during the day, and I get away with wearing DH's shorts (he is a pretty big bloke) and they are very comfy!!!!
    But I'm happy to go around the house in my trackies. For appointments I have found really good maternity pants that slip on and go over your bump (yes the entire bit) and while it looks very unfash until you put a shirt on, they are super super comfy... I think I got them from Big W or Target?? I have two pairs.. lifesavers they are... you can dress them up or down...

yep i would so rather be pregnant in summer.. clothes are just way too uncomfy. I said to DP the other day "why the hell cant i just walk around naked" he said "well its too cold and it illegal!" too cold!! im hating them words. Its not my fault its too cold. Im soooo over having the flu aswell!! Im over having to go out and "rug up" coz more than likely its too hot in certain shops so i spend all day getting hot then cold!! Not only that.. the stupid rain!!!! i have never slipped over soooo many times this winter

SOrry but i have alot to rant about this winter! bring on that warm weather!!!!

I noticed some really pretty things in Target this week. I got brilliant mat pants from there and its cheap enough you will be able to get a few pieces.

Hope you find something that makes you feel beautiful .

I know what you mean, I went shopping for my first maternity clothes last weekend and they were either really expensive or really frumpy!
    Maybe a bit late for you Tanstar, but what I've just done is taken my fave old lowrise skinny jeans into the alterations shop and got them to sew in a triangle of stretchy navy blue material into the seams at the waist (Im sure it can be done easily at home but I dont have a sewing machine). Now I still have nice fashionable jeans that are still comfy, and only cost me $20!
    Luckily for me my babies not due til end of Dec so at least I'll get a bit of summer to show off my belly, im gonna wear short tops n paint flowers on it!

All the winter preg clothes are so matronly!

I am 27 and pregnant, not 55 you stoooopid clothing designers! (oh silly me, you can get funkee stuff if you are willing to fork out $$$$$ for things you are only going to wear for a few months).

I nearly broke down crying in target the other day looking at stuff, its just so "blah"

i bought a pair of mat jeans and i have lived in them ever since - but they just arent cool, my honey says they look like eminem pants cos they have the "undies" built in ya, thanks baby, feel realllllll sexy now! grrrrr

I had to laugh at the bond trackies i lived in mine when pg last winter. I even swapped my black work pants for them and wore them to work with my blouse- noone ever noticed. I agree with LuLu try target or even Kmart you only need 1-2 items that are versatile and you will be right .I also found that i could wear my normal pre pg pants undone with a belly belt or boob toob over the top and then a nice top and still felt decent.
    Dorry you are feeling a bit glum go and spend some money it will make you feel better- it always does me.
    Hoody

aww.... You are all beautiful!!!! At least you have made me feel better, i was thinking being preg in summer will be the worst because of being too hot. Well, it probably still will be here in QLD.

I have two pairs of really low slung pants (normal ones) with like a roll-top which goes under the bump..... and an elastic-top skirt but I haven't worn it for a while because the only shoes I could fit on my enormously swollen feet were sneakers! I got another pair the other day so I could probably wear it again. I am not a big fan of the Target maternity stuff (frump city - so true we are pregnant not fifty!) BUT I actually really like the K-mart maternity stuff - it's plain but stylish and not expensive - at the moment I am living in bub2b tops - I think the first one was $24 and then I got three on sale - two for $7 each and one for $13, all different colours. I think they will be good for BF'ing too.
    Of course as soon as I get home for the day the trackies come on..... they're the comfiest
    I haven't bothered with coats really as I haven't been that cold..... so I don't mind it. I think summer would be worse, I would hate to have to show my ankles!

Thanks ladies!!

Summer is soooo easy - yep you get swollen and hot BUT a singlet from Kmart in a few sizes bigger, a funky necklace, and a roll down soft waisted long flowy skirt, thongs and off you go!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I took back the jeans I had originally bought from Kmart and went to Myer and Target mmmmmm some of the basic stuff at Target is nice but some of those blouses are eeeekkkkk... anyhoo - tops are \n't a problem thank goodness but I didn't find any pants or jeans, so on the way home I went back to Kmart thinking I would buy a belly belt that I never got when pg with Izzy and use that with what I have and saw some other jeans that were different to the pair I took back! and they were $10 cheaper so I got the belly belt too! Whoo hoo!

I agree - so much of the really nice stuff is sooo expensive and excuse me but I don't spend $100 on a top when I'm not pg let alone when I know I will only wear it for a few more months! Bring on summer! I'm going to live in dresses this year while my body morphs back to normal!

Thanks for all the advice ladies!

Funny, I loved being prg in winter! I did have great basic black pants (both pairs from Target), a black skirt, a charcoal grey skirt and good jeans (essential at any time of the year) and just brought cheap baby doll type tops and a great pair of flat black knee high boots (from Big W!). Sorted!

I would hate to have to show my ankles!
    LOL! This is me for sure, especially this time because I got really bad spider veins in one of my ankles
    Last edited by Willow; July 19th, 2008 at 04:03 PM.

Tan, i just got a great pair of mat jeans at Pumkin Patch. They are stylish aswell, look just like my Lee jeans. I paid about $70, while i was at it, i picked up a pair of dress pants on sale for $30 which will be good for going out in winter if i dont want to wear jeans. I hope you find something nice that makes you feel as beautiful as you are

Maybe you girls should try looking at stuff that's not necessarily maternity. Pants aren't aesy, but alot of the tops at Supre & Fashion Fare these days would suit a pregnant belly anyway.& the tights that everyone is wearing might be comfy.
    You can buy those bits of material to stretch between your button & button hole on your fave pants from Big W from what I remember. They might help.

Coats!! Where do you find a decent warm coat?? They're non-existent in maternity wear. My really good winter coats don't come near buttoning up anymore. I've been wearing them anyway, but I do find I'm getting a cold tummy. I looked at larger sizes but then you have the too long sleeve problem. I don't really care if I look like a Womble but I'd like to have something warm to wear. And warm trousers?? Are there any? I'm living in Target yoga pants and some thin black pants from Ripe. I do have some black elastane pants from Target and Kmart but they roll down and I'm forever hitching them up and it drives me insane!! I just keep telling myself that it's not long to go. Only five more weeks of work...

I have the problem that I am a size 18 and most of the maternity stuff I have seen and liked only goes to size 16. I have been lucky that I have only had to buy pants so far but am slowly rolling out the bottom of most of my tops. I only have 2 months to go and am not sure if I want to spend money on stuff I won't get much wear out of.

Quote Originally Posted by bjrose View Post
    Maybe you girls should try looking at stuff that's not necessarily maternity. Pants aren't aesy, but alot of the tops at Supre & Fashion Fare these days would suit a pregnant belly anyway.& the tights that everyone is wearing might be comfy.
    The tights are too tight around you hips/waist & if they go any lower they fall off Then the next size up looks funny coz although it fits your hips/waist the legs are baggy. (its even worse when you're a size 6)
    I ended up cutting out the elastic on them & putting a drawstring in them, but they're not very warm. Even with long tops/dresses & legwarmers.
    All my tops I got from there though, but they are really thin too. oh well...19 days to go then I wont have to worry about it.

kbowman not sure if this will help you because I don't know if you have these stores where you are, but SES have lots of cheap woolly (acrylic really) jackets and long jumpers this season - very cheap, mostly around $30. I bought one of the long jumpers and considered the jackets many times but in the end decided I didn't really need them. my only complaint would be that a lot of them had short sleeves - hello? why would i be wearing a coat or jacket if it was short sleeve weather? But there were some long sleeve ones.
    indie, not sure but i think k-mart does over size 16? I know target does but I'm not a fan of their maternity clothes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast