thread: Belly Belts??

Add NaeNae on Facebook

Sep 2007
    South Gippsland

Question Belly Belts??

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone has used belly belts, not the bands that go under clothing, the ones that offer support for the pelvis and back etc. I am thinking I might get one just to offer some support for my pelvis but don't know whats out there aside from the sportstek ones and they all seem good I have no idea which one I should go for.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Nae x

Mar 2007
    Paradise

I am using a maternity support belt that they physio gave me. I didnt use one with DD1 and I had no issues with my pelvis until 30 weeks with DD2. If you need the support belt I would recommend going to a physio so they can give you one that supports where you need it most.

Oct 2008

Hi NaeNae,

I needed some help after DS was born (c-section). In our Women's hospital is a great physio section and they gave me a support band. If you are booked at a public hospt maybe their physio section can help you for free? They looked like the knee supports lots of people wear - fawn coloured with lighter stripes through it and only one piece ie you had to step into it and pull it up to your hips/belly. Very comfy though!

Good luck with everything...

Mar 2007
    Paradise

Hi NaeNae,

I needed some help after DS was born (c-section). In our Women's hospital is a great physio section and they gave me a support band. If you are booked at a public hospt maybe their physio section can help you for free? They looked like the knee supports lots of people wear - fawn coloured with lighter stripes through it and only one piece ie you had to step into it and pull it up to your hips/belly. Very comfy though!

Good luck with everything...
    That is Tubi-Grip. There are other support belts that sit low over the pelvis (there is a pic in my gallery) that really pull your hips together (great if concerned about butt size ) but they are more heavy duty and not very comfortable for constant use, but you do what you have to.