Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly rings & pregnancy

Default Belly rings & pregnancy

Hey Ladies

How do belly rings and pregnancies go?! I have had my belly ring for about 6 years now and dont really want to lose it! I am thinking of buying one of those maternity belly rings. Is there any point buying one or shall I just let it grow out?

Thanks!

I'd get the maternity ring if you still like the piercing. You don't want to have to get it done again. If you don'y really like it, let it go

I had the maternity ring - they made me take it out when i had my c-section. The maternity ring was bendy and wasn't uncomfortable at all

Hey
    I have a belly piercing and my normal belly ring was realy starting to hurt me so i got one of The pregnancy belly ring it is great i got it a couple of days ago and it is very comfortable alot of room to grow .i think if you dont want to lose your piercing i say get the pregnancy bar they are great.

Take care
    Eve

I still have my normal one in at this stage and for the most part I don't even know it's there, but there are some days where I knock it cos it sticks out further now and it will hurt a little. I will probably have to look for pg one soon I'd say. Not really sure where to start though.

Thanks!! I have been looking on the net for a site that sells them. A few months back I found a great site that had all different kind of balls and stuff and now I cant find it! Always the way, when you want somethng you cant find it...

ROFL I know that feeling...so I have that many things in my "favourites" that I can't find them when I want them anyway!! If you do find it, let me know

I took mine out when I was about 24wks with DD cause it was hurting too much, and 'back then' all they offered me was a bit of fishing line through the hole to keep it open. I ended up getting it re-pierced a year or so after birth.

With DS, I just took it out, about the same sort of time. I decided that I would just get it repiecrced again when I wanted it done. Well a couple of weeks ago - while my DH was interstate with work, I was in bed by myself one night and decided to see if my stud earring would go through my navel hole - to see if it was still there or closed over. Sure enough it was still there and I got not only my thin diamond stud, but also my navel bar through the hole. Obviously I left my fav navel bar in!

I hope you find what you want for your belly, If you don't you'll still probably be able to get it back thru if it's been pierced for that long.

ROFL Rachel...were you bored?? That's cool to know though cos I honestly thought that they closed up fairly fast...like ears can do. Maybe cos it's different tissue it forms more scar or something??

Yeah I was bored. I was like, dum de dum dum dum... what can I do... ooh there's my belly button. I wonder if the hole's still there! And you know the rest...

It made me wonder why I didn't look at my navel when DD was little too. Perhaps cause DH hadn't gone away on business!

At least I could do it this time. I hadn't even been thinking about getting it done again, but seeing I could put the bar back in, it was like... ok, cool. Mind you I turned my jewellery box upside down trying to find the bar!

I took mine out at about 18wks before my u/s and the hole is still there 4yrs later. I didn't put my ring back in after the birth as it just didn't look the same with the left over baby belly

PSML Rachel...can just see you laying there and going...oh what's that...a belly button :eek: roflmao Let's see if this stud will go there!!

Cass, short of doing the obvious when one is by oneself, it was getting a bit dull in bed without DH every night. He was away for 8 days. It was the 4th night he was away that my belly button got attention.

Ozziehoffy - I found that site that I couldnt find the other day!! Its called... maternity piercings ... do a search on that and you should be able to find it. There are heaps of different styles to choose from!

Cool!! Thanks heaps, I had a quick squiz...they do have some cool ones huh!! Pity it's American though cos I hate having to work out what it costs here...lol.

I have some arriving in 2 weeks on my site

I got tired of my belly button ring after about 7 years and decided to take it out and let it close up... BUT IT DIDN'T!! After about 12 months it didn't close up at all haha, so I preferred my pretty pink barbell than a hole in my belly haha.
    Maybe it depends on how long you have your belly button ring to the time it takes to close up??? not sure.

Yeah i was hopeing i could get to keep mine in, cause ive had it for years. When i went for my first appointment at the hospital the midwife checked it out and said i could keep it in as long as it doesnt get an infection(all weepy like and sore).
    So far its been alrite, a bit sore at times usually when i bump it(not realising how big my bump actually is, lol).
    I might have a look at the maternity ones though cause it does get a bit red and swolen at times, cause it stretching heaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast