Thread: Belly showing

allyfield Guest

Default Belly showing

Hi Guys

Would like to hear from anyone that started showing earlier then 12 weeks in their belly.

Ally.

I started showing before 12 weeks with all my pg's. With the girls I even had to start wearing some maternity clothes at 8 weeks.

Are you concerned that you are showing, or concerned that your not showing? Either way, don't worry about it because everyone is different. My SIL is due in a few days and only really started to look pg just before Christmas, but whenever I am pg, I start showing straight away.

allyfield Guest

Hi

I think I have popped (I had a bit of a belly to start with)but it feels different to just a belly. I just thought it would be too early seeing I am only nearly 6 weeks. I remember with my DS I started showing early.

I haven't told many of my friends but I think when they see me they will guess I am pregnant, show I be worried?

Thanks

Ally

Ally,

I was trying to hide my bump from my younger sister when I was 6 weeks but she noticed (I don`t normally have a tummy), by 9 weeks I was showing quite a lot that strangers in shops commented about it, then at 10 weeks I got extremely sick with Gastro and was hospitalised, my weight fell off me and amazingly my tummy was gone, I`m now 18 weeks pregnant and my tummy is showing again, but it`s taken all this time for me to put my weight back on.

With subsequent pregnancies you often show earlier.

Take Care

Deeanne

angelique Guest

Hi Ally,

I started showing very early on. I was wearing maternity clothes at 10 weeks!!! That is sooo early but I had my growth spurt early on as now my belly seems to not be growing as fast. I guess everyone is different.

I found it very hard to hide my belly at work, they all knew straight away.

skyelar Guest

Hi Ally,
    I started to show with my DD at about 5 months.
    This pg I have a little curve in my tummy already so it won't be long till I have a definate bump!

kirsty Guest

With my first pg my Dr confirmed that my belly wasn't just my little pot belly any more & that was at 9wks.

With my second pg by 7wks I was showing.

This time around I was showing by about 7wks again, I seemed to really pop at about 10wks & it hasn't grown that much but definetely firmed up from the 'jelly belly' that I have been sporting in recent years!!

My belly popped at around 7-8 weeks, and has hardened over the weeks since then.

I guess I had a little growth spurt which has eased off, as there was little difference between my 8 and 10 week shot.

There are piccies in my www if you are interested.

Default belly showing

This is such a great source of info this web site - i think it and sure enough someone is writing about it - have just had my preg conf after 2 miscarriages last year I am 8 weeks and am the size of a house - huge belly i mean huge compared to my normal size - nothing fits me and was wondering what to do - is it considered bad luck to go maternity clothes shopping with my prev history when I am not out of the danger period yet?

scared to laugh - go to the toilet- etc and sick as a wotsit

any advice much appreciated

xxsue w

Sue, being that this is not your body's first pregnancy, your uterus may simply be used to stretching quite quickly...anyhow this is how my nurse friend who is mother of three explained to me why my belly seemed to have popped so early.
    If you dont feel comfy buying 'maternity' clothing....why not try some items on that are one size bigger than your normal clothes.

I know that jeans west stock comfy jeans in half sizes...so I actually bought 2 pairs for $90 in a size 15 and they are still quite comfy, and will be great to wear after bubs is born.

I didn't show until I was about 20 weeks - before that I just looked a bit 'fat' around the middle - no one who didn't know me would have been able to tell I was pg!

Bon

With my first pregnancy I started showing a tiny bit at about 20 weeks at the earliest!

I'm getting married when i'll be 8 weeks pregnant, so I hope I can keep my belly hidden until after the wedding!!!! :shock:

julesy Guest

This is my first pregnancy, and I seem to have a bit more of a tummy now too. My husband was the first to say something about it! I have fairly wide hips and was worried that my pregnancy would be 'hidden' between my hips!!! I hope that this is a sign that I'll have a big beautiful belly (I'm sure I'll think differently in 5 months time!!!).

Are there any other largish girls with big hops out there that LOOKED pregnant??

juelsy
    :bellyrub:

kirsty Guest

To those who are bigger girls & worried about whether you will "look" pg or not, let me assure you I am a BIG girl (well & truly overweight before pg) & I am starting to look very pg now, but if I wear a loose top or t-shirt I think I still look just fat, but if the top is a bit tighter you can definetely tell it is a baby belly. So never fear you will all most likely look pg too.

i was a bit overweight when i fell pregnate but i started to get my bump at 4 weeks. it has been growing ever since. i am now 21 weeks and i just had a comment that i looked like i was in my last trimester and would be due very soon. lol I dont mind i love my pregnate belly. It still soft but and only hard later in the day or when im laying down is anybody else like this?

Chantal25

kirsty Guest

My belly is starting to feel the same, sometimes when I am sitting down it just feels all flabby & I start to worry about if there really is a bubs in there 8-[ . There are other times, I've noticed it's mainly when I'm standing up, that my belly feels really firm & looks like a pg belly.

With my first two pregnancies i didnt show till pretty late, and when sitting down noone would of guessed i was pregnant.
    This pregnancy i am 6wks and already have a stomach popping out a bit.
    Shows you that they can all be different

Take care

Thanks Kisrty and belinda - its great to see all the differant shapes the pregnate belly takes - Im starting to relise there all differant and mine is unique to me - thanks

Chantal25