Thread: belly size

maggie Guest

Default belly size

Hi, I am coming up 22weeks, and some days I donít look preg, this is my 1st child, and my belly has hardly changed in size for weeks. I know all is ok, as I had my 20week scan and bubs was just perfecto!!! But I want to look like other people who do look pregnant. I bought a mag today, and it showed women at diff stages, wow and they 22w woman had a huge belly!!!

Hey there Maggie, I was the same being first pregnancy and all and not showing alot. Maybe we are just having small babies, one can only hope! I just wanted a belly like everyone else, but as my gyno said next pregnancy I will be wishing not!! He said this pregnancy your stomach muscles will hold together pretty well.

I think my website link is at the bottom where you can see my belly pics and not very big, think a definite change happened at 25 weeks and at 31-32 weeks. People still say I am small though. But definitely look preggo now, so hoping he/she is just a small baby, which I guess I will be thankful of when I give birth hehe.

GL.

Maggie at 22 weeks I didn't look pregnant either!! I've had more body issues since being pregnant then I've had in my whole life!! I desperately wanted the big pregnant belly and I've kind of only just got it and I've only got 2 weeks to go!!!!

In fact yesterday I went to my breast feeding class and there were 4 other girls in there. We were all pretty much the same size besides one girl who was a bit bigger.

The biggest girl was 28 weeks, the rest of us were 32, 34, 37 and 38 weeks...

So belly sizes completely vary from person to person - depending on the size of your pelvis, your height, your bubbas size & position, your body shape and heaps of other factors as well.

My advice - accept the changes as they happen (or just do what I did and wear really TIGHT clothes and stick your belly out LMAO)

ETA - SNAP sheree!!! As you can Maggie - Sheree and I have had many conversations about belly sizes over the last few months!!!

You might find with subsequent pregnancies ladies that your belly will seem bigger. I know mine did and I was also showing earlier!

Jo

Sal Guest

hehehe my belly was even smaller than yours! but bubs was a good size. no one noticed i was pg til i was past 30w

maggie Guest

Sheree, love your photos, they were wonderful to see, & thanks gals for the reasuurance....

Thanks that is my only advice to you is to take regular piccies, I could never see my progression in real life, but piccies definitely tell the story! I was always a slow progressioner, not one of these that woke up and had a belly as they all say LOL.

I'm 11 weeks tommorrow with #3 and showing already

yep, everybody is definitely different. I'm 13 weeks with my first and have been showing since about 8 weeks.

Lea, LOL at wearing tight clothes and sticking your belly out!
    My belly buddies group all say that some people just 'pop'! I am 20 weeks, and I reckon I look pregnant, because I know what I'm usually like, but once I've got clothes on, I just look normal, or maybe a bit chubby.

So, if too many more people say 'where are you keeping it', I might snap, and do a nudie run

Perhaps youre just not noticing yourself getting any bigger? I felt the same until i saw my mum last week, after not seeing her for about 2 weeks and she said how big my tummy was, that she could really notice the difference. Up until then i thought i might just have stopped. Perhaps because you see yourself in the mirror everyday, it doesnt look like youre getting any bigger?

Nelle I was exactly the same!! I could tell I was PG and so could DP and a few close friends - anyone else however...

In fact just to scare you all about 2 weeks ago I could suck my stomach in (under protest from bubs of course) and scrunch my top up and just look like a chunky size 14 LMAO (I'm normally a size 8) ~ it was my party trick!!

But I understand the whole about to 'snap' thing! Quite painful... people just don't get that everyone is different and every belly is different!

Kellxx ~ My mum says the same about if I'm bigger or if I've dropped. Unless you get the measuring tape out daily (which I've started doing LOL ) its hard to notice the difference unless your clothes get tighter!!!

Everyone is different and I hardly showed right up until birth. i looked about 24 weeks pregnant at 40 weeks, but this is because Im tall and my babies have a fair amount of space in there. I had two average sized bubbas. On the other hand my friend showed from about week 2!!! hee hee, she was HUGE and everyone wondered how she'd make it to 40 weeks, but her growth really slowed down at about 32 weeks, and she had a bub 8 pounds, so not that huge. I found my boobs grew and I used to say that must be where baby was !!!

Lorin Guest

Hey, I have also heard with your 1st child nothing is stretch so its a first time for everything. Everything does take time. Aparently with your second you just pop out so quickly and you think well i was never this big at this stage in my last preg but its because everything has been stetched once before so its all ready to go.
    I am 18 weeks and dont even look preg i recon. No one can tlel unless i go look feel it its completely hard no chubbiness there

Lea thats a good idea.. i might start measure my tummy too. Ive noticed some of my old work pants dont fit anymore but thought i could just be getting a fat butt.. but then everyone at work says from behind i dont look any different (thank god!).

Meg- My friend (that use to work with me) is the same! She is 6 weeks pregnant with her second and came into work the week before last when she was only 4 weeks and everyone was asking me if she was pregnant.
    And then ive heard stories of people who didnt know they were pregnant until they went into labor. I think youre right, everyones different.. i started showing at 10 weeks and this is only my first.

hey Maggie
    I wouldnt worry , like the other girls are saying , I was the same.. at 22weeks i didnt even have a " beer belly " let alone a baby belly grrr... but suddenly people were asking me when I was due ( when I was about 30 weeks ) ... and not long ago my sister pointed out that my belly has grown - and she's right! big time! I just wasnt paying attention , or it happened over night.. hehe.. but it DID happen , and thats what matters

TAke pictures that is all I can suggest and tape measure like Lea said, that is the ony way I noticed, I guess I put on weight proportionally with the belly so it was really hard for me to tell seeing it every day, but hey mine didn't just get there overnite either. Guess next pregnancy will be somewhat different then I won't want a belly LOL.

I'm another who gets comments of "are you sure your pregnant?" all the time. With my first I didn't need anything bigger to wear untill 3 weeks before my due date.
    On to my 3rd, I'm 16 weeks & It really sticks out. i was just saying to DH tonight that its so much different 3rd time round.