Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Way to prevent Stretch Marks?

Default Best Way to prevent Stretch Marks?

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if anyone had any advice as to the most effective way to try and avoid stretch marks??

I know its like fighting a losing battle lol but I thought I'd hopefully try a few things and hope that one of them works for me?

I've heard the Palmers coco Butter does the trick? anyone else got any other suggestions?

Default Best Way to prevent Stretch Marks?

My understanding is that nothing can prevent stretch marks but things like cocoa butter and moisturisers can help with the itching and dryness that comes with skin stretching.

If skin has to stretch, it makes sense that it will leave some marks. I think trying to prevent the marks is a waste of time, IMO. GL though!

Default Belli Skin Care

Hi - I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and started using Elasticity Belly Oil from Belli Skin Care. 6 of my friends used it and none got a single mark! It is bit more expensive but I think the one bottle is going to last a long time. Worth the $ I think. After reading all about the ingredients too it is the safest option and my doctor agreed.I got 15% off when i became a member to!

be born to parents who have a high elasticity gene ^^;

I used tinderbox bellyrub. Didn't work, but it felt good & smells yummy ^^;

I would say don't get pregnant

Otherwise it's all about the genes.

I used Palmers Cocoa butter and I really didn't get any stretch marks (other than a couple down low, but I think these happened in my CS not the preg), but I do tend to think if you're going to get them you'll get them whatever you do... Mind you it doesn't hurt to rub some cream in in the hope it might help, and it is a nice way to bond with bubs, DS loved it when I would rub my belly I'd get lots of kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
    I would say don't get pregnant

Otherwise it's all about the genes.
    thats what i was gonna say. no matter what you try you cant avoid them if youre gonna get them youll get them...

Yeah, sorry, you will or you won't. But those butter thingies do smell nice

I agree with above. But I honestly feel I would not have the amount of stretch marks on my stomach if I hadn't put on so much weight, and also if I had been better at keeping my core strength as I really popped out and had a huge tummy but both of these issues would probably have relieved some of the pressure on my stretch.

I used Bio-Oil every morning and night, and I din't get any stretch marks, but this could come down to genes as my Mum didn't get any after 5 kids (but my sister did). Whether it worked or not, it made my belly feel nice

I used Body Shop's anti stretch mark cream throughout my first 2 pregnancies - but they no longer stock it in Oz. I am yet to see a stretchmark, so I am hoping, like others have said, that its all down to the genes baby

My mum never had any either FWIW.

I used Palmers religiously everyday but alas still got the dreaded stretchies. I have silly skin with no give LOL
    You could even just use olive oil and massage it in, anything to keep the skin supple and soft...but as the others have said it all comes down to genes!

I tried the Cocoa butter one & Bio oil from about 12weeks onwards.......and im coverd in them....everywhere u could get them...i got them But so did mum mum. I argee with ^^^ its all in the genes

But after bub i tried the Dr Lewins Bio Oil, and that has faded them a bit

Good luck hope u have good skin genes

Thanks Ladies

I figured that if I'm gonna get them, Ill get them but just thought all these things might just help the skin prepare to stretch.

Good skin is in my genes so hopefully that'll help me and I moisturise my whole body every day (sometimes twice a day) religiously I cant go without it! lol but hopefully its going to help my skin prepare and stretch.

I also used palmers cocoa butter EVERYDAY twice a day and my stomach, sides, down low and even my back look like iv been hacked at..

I'm now using bio oil to try and fade them..

Hopefully your one of those women who i hate (dont really lol) and has good genes and doesnt get them

I havent got many stretchies.. Mainly just add-ons to the ones i already had..

I have squillions, and I got ALL of them within a space of a few days, after moisturising for months. They hurt like hell when I got them and you could practically watch them appear, marching across my tummy at a few inches a day. Its the sub-layer of the skin that tears so moisturiser would have to really soak in.

Once you get too big for your skin, something has to give ...

I used Mama Bee Belly Butter from before my belly even grew and used Dove's cocoa butter shower gel. The only stretch mark I got was in my belly button where I couldn't get the cream in!!!!! I kept waiting for them to appear, my mum got them when having me and my brother, but I didn't!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast