Thread: BFP - But bleeding!!

Default BFP - But bleeding!!

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if I could get some advice. I tend to lurk here a lot, but am not that confident in posting so I hope I’m doing this right. I think this is going to be a bit long.

DH and I decided that we were going to start trying in Feb. I’ve been charting for ages and I believe I ovulated on 14th Feb. I waited till 10 DPO to do a test (my usual luteul phase) and it came back BFN. I then started to spot that day and proceeded to go on and have what I thought was my AF (albeit light) for the next 4 days. On the fourth day it appeared to stop but then came back a bit heavier (with clots) and a lot of cramps. I then proceeded to spot on and off for the next 5 – 6 days just creamy brown when I whipped (sorry TMI) (which is unusual for me). Anyway I’ve been gearing up for ovulation this month, but I got to CD 17 yesterday and I still had no sign of any EWCM (unusual – normally get it at about CD 15). Also my breasts have been so so so sore since before my period and hadn’t gotten any better.

So last night on a whim I decided to do a test – and it came back BFP. The test line was so much darker then the control line and literally came up straight away. Didn’t know if it was faulty, so went and bought a different brand test and tested again this morning with FMU. Another BFP with the test line coming up straight away and the control line following.

So I know that I haven’t ovulated this cycle so it must have been from my last cycle but I guess I’m freaking out that maybe I have miscarried but still have enough HCG in my urine to test positive, or maybe I’m having an ectopic pregnancy or who knows!!!

Anyone got any ideas????

I’ve made an appointment with my GP for tomorrow (couldn’t get in any earlier!!). I guess I should just explain all the above.

I’m also stressing as I used tampons (sorry TMI) while I thought I had my “AF” so now I’m worrying about that hurting the baby.

I’ve attached my chart (hope its OK that I do it like this – don’t really know how to set up one of the signature thingos!). I’ve joined the Feb cycle with the March one as it didn’t make any sense. I guess a good thing is that my temps are quite high.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before.

Sorry its so long and thanks so much for reading this far!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/9db77

Hey Liss,

It sounds like you might have conceived doesn't it? Hope the doctor's visit clears it up for you. They will probably do a blood test and give you an ultrasound to see what is going on. I hope everything is okay.

Don't worry about tampons hurting the baby. There isn't any concern as far as that goes.

Let us know how your appointment went when you can.

Cheers,

Mel

Your chart certainly looks good. Several members have had early bleeding then gone on to have a successful PG. I hope all goes well at the Drs tomorrow.

Thanks for your responses.

Nothing to do but wait till tomorrow! I always knew the waiting involved in TTC and pregnancy would be hard, but gee it really sucks!!

Anyway I haven't had any bleeding / spotting since Saturday so I guess that counts for something!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Good Luck Liss, please let us know how you get on at your Dr`s.

mards Guest

Good luck for tomorrow sweety, let us know how you go.

I spotted quite heavily on and off from 11DPO until 17DPO, then light spotting on and off until around 8 weeks pg.

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and good wishes.

I went to my GP, she did a HPT and it came up positive straight away. I explained everything that happened, so she said it could be eptopic, but she didn't think so. She sent me for my blood tests (standard one) and also I have a dating/viability scan for this afternoon just to check to see its implanted in the right spot.

I'm feeling a lot more positive now as I haven't really had any cramping at all, which she thinks I would have if it was eptopic. Anyway she also thinks maybe I'm RH- so I get those results back this afternoon. She also said that she had spotting throughout her pregnancy and now has a healthy little boy!

Anyway I'm pretty happy, but will be happier after the scan!!!

Thank you all so much for your support.

Liss - this sounds promising. Good luck with that scan and let us know how it goes.

Mel

Yeah that sounds good Liss, let us know how the scan goes!

I have everything crossed for you. How did your scan go??

Good Luck with your scan

The news was all bad. It was ectopic in my right tube. They removed it and my right tube yesterday with a lap. It doesn't look good for my left tube either.

I'm just so so sad. I don't know what to do. My Dr indicated that the only thing that would work would be IVF but wouldn't go into details with me, so know I think that won't work either.

Thanks for the support.

Oh no Liss...I am so sad for you.

Perhaps there are women in one of the other forum topics who can give you advice and comfort based on similar experiences they've had?

I really hope that through IVF, or adoption, or whatever else you consider as an option, that you will be really happy and content.
    In my prayers,
    nelle