Thread: BH at 17 wks?

Default BH at 17 wks?

Is it ok to get BH so early? I have been feeling them for about a weeks or so now. It's usually when I am doing something a little strenuous, after DTD or when I just go to bed and relax. With DD,I never got them until about 29 wks.

Hi Kellieem,

With my DD I was getting BH from 14 wks. My dr told me some people do get them earlier but most people don't get them until later on during pregnancy.

I have been feeling BH since about 17 weeks (I have a post around here somewhere...) and was told its completely normal. My dr said most people get them but don't feel them until later apparently, so we're just the lucky ones who can feel them early. Definately let your dr/ob/mw know though.

kelllieem- I've just been doing some reading about second pregnancies and it said that with subsequent pregnancies you usually experience BH, cramping, pulling and tightening alot sooner and for longer then a first timer would...

I have been getting BH also since 16 or so weeks... was concerned especially after DTD i'm in extreme pain. even concerned that i was still getting them but worst at this later stage... thought maybe something was wrong.. i have been told and read that its normal... Also another downer... also told that after birth pains are worsr with second pregnancies... The joys of pregnancy hey...

Hope things settle down a bit for you and good luck... I've found swiming, nice warm shower or walking helps relieve pains...

Don't worry Jess, there's hope! I had painful BHs with pg2 but my after pains weren't as bad as first time round.

They say the more pg you have the more you notice and earlier you get the bh. I started getting them at 12 weeks this time round. First pg was in the last two weeks and I did not realize I was having them till I got them with my second preg at 27 weeks. Then I understood. I like to think near the end they are helping prepare for delivery but with me I was never dialated.

Thanks girls, just a bit worried it never stops does it?? Oh the wonderful things I have to look forward to!