Thread: BH contractions

Default BH contractions

Warning - clueless first timer here, lol.

I see you all mentioning BH contractions and just wanted to know what they actually feel like, so I dont freak out if it happens and I dont know what is going on!!

Are they painful? Will I notice it happening when it happens?

Fell a bit silly asking, but I just dont know.

thanks in advance

Mine feel like a tightening at the bottom of my tummy and then goes up. Doesn't hurt, but feels a bit uncomfortable. I have been having them for a couple of weeks now. With my first bub, they didn't start until about 28 weeks.

ReeRee1979 Guest

Hi B456 i know this has nothing to do with this forum but i seen you are looking for the Green music beat box things from McDonalds i have several and willing to get rid of for postage costs only no need to buy etc email [email protected] if you still looking

BH are tightnings in your stomach. Normally not painful at all. I started getting them early with this one. But please if they are painful seek medical advice.

For me, with Kynan, they were a bit painful - like period pain from about 30w+. This time around I've had them much earlier but so far it's only been the tightening sensation, no pain, so I don't notice them so much.

I've had a few, and they feel like period pains/cramps to me. They only ached, not quite a 'pain' IYKWIM.

karina, i've had a couple especially in the last couple of days. I feel a tightening in my stomach. I wouldn't say they are painful but the few i've had have been rather uncomfortable - if i'm walking i have to stop. you'll know if you get them.

I don't remember getting them with Joshua at all. This time though, I have definitely been getting them for quite a while. Makes my belly go really tight and can see bumps of bubs a lot more easily. More uncomfortable than painful though. I just give a gentle push on the side where it's more uncomfortable until it stops then it's not so bad. Walking up the stairs is a pain if I get one then though...lol.

ahhhh ok thanks all. That has cleared things up for me.
    I had absolutely no idea what they were, felt like or if I should/shouldnt be getting them. The books I have just said it feels like a contraction, but I dont know what that feels like, lol!

Anyway, I asked because I sometimes (not particularly often) feel my entire belly go rock hard. It doesnt hurt at all, it is just very very firm all over and can feel uncomfortable esp if I am sitting with a bit of a slouch. It also starts lower and goes higher till the very top of my bump is also solid feeling. It doesnt last particularly long before my belly goes softer again - maybe 30 seconds or so.

Is that what it is, or does that sound more like bub poking its bum out or turning over?

Just curious as to what is going on in there sometimes!

Karina, from what has been described that is probably a BH.

ahhhhh lovely. Thanks for your help on that.

Karina- thats what mine feel like....
    never had pain with them, more just a oooooooooo moment with myself, and grabbing hubbys arm and hand for a feel if he's in reach.
    Sometimes i dont even notice until it finishes, if that makes sense? Like ive been flexing and then relax?
    I dunno, maybe these arent BH, but i just kinda guessed they were....
    Take care
    Gill
    xoox

Karina - yours sounds just like mine. Usually no pain associated with them, but I sometimes catch my breath a little, or a I can't bend over until my tummy has relaxed.
    Now I'm later in pregnancy (9 days to go!!!) things are definitly getting a little more ouchy, and a bit more serious, so the BH's are getting more productive with some pains around my pelvis and groin area.