Thread: bHCG levels?

Default bHCG levels?

I went and had a blood test on wednesday to test my bHCG levels because I had a + home test and the GP wouldnt give me anything (u/s slip etc) until we knew how far long I was.
    Now I know levels vary from person to person and there is a pretty big gap between min and max for each week gestation.
    My levels came back as 757 at what I thought was about 14-15dpo going off my longest cycle which would put me at 4w1-2d. The GP however said no, youd be more like 4w5-6d, maybe even 5w. Now at its shortest my cycle has only ever been 28 (with one 27 day cycle) since I weaned my Ds3 over 7mths ago.
    So now Im confused. The + hpt was so strong and came up before Id even finished peeing which I have never had happen in my 6+ viable/non viable pregnancies until after AF was atleast 3 or 4 days MIA. I know exactly when we dtd because Dh was away up until CD13 so we dtd that day and CD15 so obviously ovulation had to be sometime around there if I believe the GP and bHCG.

I guess what Im wondering if should I adjust my EDD according to the GP/Levels or should I stick with what I think for now. She wants me to go for a scan at the end of this week (being she thinks I would be 6+wks but I think I would be just under 6wks and want to wait til late the following week). Has anyone had high levels like that at 14dpo? How solid are the level guidelines for each week (most charts I saw put any level over 465 at 5wk from AF)?

its hard, the range is soooo huge for what they can be. i'd stick to ur dates and push the dating scan back a week, you'll get a better pic that way.
    FWIW im exactly the same, i know exactly when i DTD because we only did it once in the whole month, and the dating scan dates came back about 4 days under mine, but im still going with my original dates

I'd wait the extra time and go when you think you are 6w+. It isn't that time critical but it would be a bugger the have to go back for another scan to see a HB because you had one too early. There are other reasons for an increased bHCG ...................

Bite your tongue Michelle! The thought has crossed my mind and I even had a dream about 4 days before I got the +hpt that I had twins............without even knowing I was pregnant and not even considering I would be because it was such a fluke

Yes I'm going to my twin theory again now after reading this. Wait for scan just so u don't go too early.

Unfortunately most Gp's aren't very good at this - when we've all been TTC like this we end up being the experts and know more than them.

I'd go with your own dates and go for your scan when YOU want to.

Sue x

I just got mine for 4w3d and it was 840?

Hehe Freya... I was thinking the same thing too! I agree with Michelle though, you are better off waiting the few extra days so you are certain you are far along enough to see a heartbeat, otherwise it is a pain plus a huge stress if it's too early and you have to go back again in a few days. I am looking forward to hearing about it!!

My HCG levels for

3w6d - 558, and
    4w5d - 5267

Is this normal?

There is no way he could give you such a precise gestation based on HCG. The levels are soooooo different for everyone. I would stick with the original dates too and wait for the scan, at least you'll get to see more even if you are further along than you think.

Congrats again!!

Quote Originally Posted by gemini_girl View Post
    My HCG levels for

3w6d - 558, and
    4w5d - 5267

Is this normal?
    Awesome numbers hun!
    Sue xxx

My levels were almost exactly the same on the Thursday after my +ve test, so 4w4d by my ovulation chart, or 4w2d by dating scan done at 7w2d.
    Does that help at all?