Thread: bleeding in early pregnancy

Sammee Guest

Default bleeding in early pregnancy

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about my situation. I found out just over a week ago that i was pregnant, then about a week later i started to bleed so i went to the doctor where she told me i would likely miscarry, she said my bleeding will probably get heavier (like a heavy period) with cramping and last a week to ten days or longer. My bleeding stopped after three days and although it wasn't spotting it wasn't nearly heavy as a normal period and i experienced no pain at all. Can anyone tell me how long you're supposed to beed for during a miscarriage and maybe your thoughts on my chances of still being pregnant?!

Thanx Sammee

Hi I bled at 5w 3 days, nothing too heavy, no cramps. It continued on and off for about 2 weeks. My gp did HCG levels and I had u/s to check if I was m/c or not. It turned out to be ok and I am 18w along. Go back to your GP, or another GP and ask to get bloods done and an u/s to check viability.

Good luck with it all
    Love Melissa

Sammee Guest

Thanks Melissa, I know i should to that, i guess i've just been putting it off, don't want the bad news you know? Great news for you though you must be sooooo relieved, i hope everything goes really well for you!!

Sammee, I dont think your doctor should have said things like that without doing the tests. My 5 week u/s didnt show much, coz it was too early, so we had to go back 2 weeks later. I would demand the test and you can get your blood results soon after they are done. They just need to write urgent on the slip. Good luck and let me know how it goes