Thread: Bloated Foot

skorpy Guest

Default Bloated Foot

After my problem with swelling in my left foot,ankle and leg which is twice the size of my right.I finally decided to visit the maternity this morning and get it checked out.First suspisions was a blood clot in my calve,which I was referred to go and have a scan for. All was clear and I was told it was my naughty baby causing the problem and have to grim and bare it for the rest of my pregnancy with being told to put my feet up.. (yea right,what with 2 kids,,,sorry 3,there is my hubby too lol.And a house to keep clean)

While sat down with ym foot up,i started to see silvery floating spots before my eyes.Im wondering if any of you ladies have had this problem and know what is causing it?

Any ideas.

Hi Skorpy,
    I have no idea what those silverly floating spots are! be careful and TRY and take it easy!

Silvery floaty spots.......I get those too, after I get up from squatting down with the kids.......I THINK it is an indicator of low blood pressure, but I am not 100% sure......I would ask your Dr......(I must ask mine too actually.......tis happening a lot more recently!)

skorpy Guest

I got clinic on Thursday,Ill ask and give you some feed back if you are getting it aswell

I would suggest you call the midwives again, get into the clinic and get your blood pressure taken.
    Dont feel like you are wasting their time - their job is to look after you. Specially at this stage of your pregnancy.
    SO right back in ther eplease!!

Hi,

Skorpy- IM so glad you got your foot looked at and that it is all ok and nothing bad like a blood clot in your leg!!!!!!!!!!!

Black spots is an indicator of high BP, i have had the silvery ones you are talking about at times too. If you are at all concerned get your BP checked and ask. How long did they last for?

Like i said, if concerned, at least ring them and ask, they should be able to tell you over the phone or else tell you to come in.

The floaty silver spot thingo........spoke to my GF to today, who is a GP (and mother of 2) and she said it was blood pressure related (usually LOW BP) and also to do with the way your body deals with fairly weird weight distribution in the third tri in relation to overall blood circulation......so try to keep moving!

skorpy Guest

They only last for a few minutes. But I had my BP taken yesterday along with my Temp and they said it was fine

Lucy - Doc told you to keep moving? Problem is because of my swollen foot,I was told to rest it when I could.You know The third Trimester is such fun girls isnt it.

Hi,

Yeah i didnt think the silvery spots were a high BP thing but i didnt want to say it cos i wasnt absolutely sure. It normally happens to me if ive been bending over and stand up suddenly or something.

Just rest up like you have been told

When I was told to keep moving, I think she meant not to squat down for too long......which I tend to do a lot of with the kids.......
    Last edited by Lucy; September 5th, 2006 at 07:51 PM.

I get the silvery lights when I have low BP, but I have that all the time not just pregnancy related