Thread: Blocked tube or cyst....

Default Blocked tube or cyst....

Has anyone had a blocked tube or cyst ??
    If you have what was the outcome ?

When they did my ultrasound today they wasn't sure if they found a cyst on my left overie or if my tubes where blocked. I'm a little worried on what might happen to the baby.

My sister has a cyst on one of overies & she is 24 weeks pg. She was told they will keep an eye on it & if it gets to 5 cm then they will have to remove it as it can put pressure on something which isn't good.
    Dunno if that helps any, but I am sure your Ob will inform you of anything you should be concerned about.

Michelle, I'm fairly sure that the tubes being blocked is OK and that the hormones for sustaining the pregnancy won't be effected if the ovary has a cyst. Can you call your ob?

Thanks Fiona and Sheree.

I don't have a OB at the moment but i am booked in to see my Dr next week and see what she says once she gets the report.

Try not to stress about it in the mean time. If its anything, I doubt you need to be worried.

Trying not to stress. I do remember back in December when i had my m/c they thought they saw a cyst then.

Michelle, i had 3 cysts on my left overy when i pg with Nick, they had gone away by the time i gave birth though and have stayed away
    I was told that it had no effect on the baby

Thanks Naomi it's nice to hear that everything was okay with you and Nick.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Michelle,

They observed a 2cm cyst in my right ovary when I did my 19week scan with Charlie, and was assured that it wouldn't affect my pg. It had gone by the time I gave birth btw.

I also have blocked tubes and that, for sure, won't affect your pg. Whether or not it affects your fertility is another story, but seeing how you're currently pg naturally, I'd say it's probably not.

Saw my Dr today and it has been confirmed i have a blocked tube. She called the hospital and spoke to a OB their and he said everything should be okay and they will look into it once i have had bubs.My Dr asked if i had any infections in the passed but i don't think i have.