Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blood groups

Cool blood groups

hey guys, I just found out my blood group is A+. Is this a good one? hehe i have no idea!

It is awesome... that is my husbands blood group !!! lol
    I think all blood groups are fine... I will tell you what I tell everyone... If you can... DONATE !!!

Lisa

i tried to donate but it was useless. I have very difficult veins and the only accessible ones are in the tops of my hands and you cant withdraw enough from there. So yeah i did try but i cant

Which is the blood group which is least popular? So not good if you need a transfusion/

I'm not sure... I'm pretty sure that O neg can donate to all blood groups. So I wouldn't worry too much Danni... either way... there will be blood if you need it !!!
    I donate all the time when I can... and I make Rob do it too... he is actually due to donate next week... so there you go... if you ever need blood... give us a call and Rob will donate for you !! lol

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It's much easier than being in a neg blood group, like around 15% of the population!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

In Australian population this is the percentage:
    O+ 40%, O- 9%, A+ 31%, A- 7%, B+ 8%, B- 2%, AB+ 2%, AB- 2%

O- is a "universal" blood group meaning that O- blood can be given to all blood groups

Found out from haematologist that in fact there tends to be a lot of blood for the rarer blood groups, as many people think "rare group therefore I should donate". Also as stated before O- blood can go to all blood types, downside is that O- can only receive O- blood.

There is a chart on the Donate Blood website that lists who can receive what blood.

My Dad and I are the only O+ in our family... the rest are O-. I hound them so much to donate... its funny... 'cause so far, Dad and I are the only ones who have !

goldilocks Guest

Danni, I wouldn't worry...you have a very common blood type - 31% of the population have the same as you! You come in second behind O+

I'm the 2% of the population range with AB+...but I'm lucky in that mine is universal receiver, I can receive any type of blood!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

I wouldn't worry about what will happen if you need a blood transfusion honey. There are so many options if there isn't yout blood type available. There are blood products and fillers. And the good thing is that they can seperate blood components and some components can be given regardless of the blood type of the person donating and the recipient!
    MG

thanks guys i feel great now

Hey Danni, I'm A+ too! hehehe About the only A+ I've ever gotten in my life! *LOL*

I wanted to donate too, but apparently if you're pregnant or breastfeeding you can't?

*TamaraP* Guest

A- here... if Alan is a + then I have to have injections once I am pregnant... just glad I love the things.

I donate blood when I can...but since now that I have had tatts I can't.

I'm A- and DH is A+ too! But he can't donate due to a Sux. problem (really, really stupid rule: his body can't produce enough of one hormone so he can't donate his blood in case it doesn't have this hormone in... but in a normal, non-sedated body you don't have the hormone in your blood anyway). I donate and would be really annoyed if someone told me that living in the UK at a certain time prevented me from giving - I aren't ill and you can test my blood for the prions if you want!

My dad's O- but they won't take his blood because he's been to the W. Indies and various other places like that, which is just as daft to me as the Mad Cow thing: if he doesn't have XXX illness, take the blood! You keep going on about the shortage!

proud_mum2b Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa
    I'm not sure... I'm pretty sure that O neg can donate to all blood groups. So I wouldn't worry too much Danni... either way... there will be blood if you need it !!!
    I donate all the time when I can... and I make Rob do it too... he is actually due to donate next week... so there you go... if you ever need blood... give us a call and Rob will donate for you !! lol
    im an o negative and my partner is a positive.

I'm a mad cow! So I can't give blood like Kate's DH - BTW are men who can give blood mad bulls?

I'm an O- and they always loved it at the blood bank when I came in.

DP is A+ so I too will have to have the jabs if we ever get around to having a bubba.

I am A+ & the only way I remember is that I also said to the nurse who told me that it was the ONLY time in my life I ever saw an A+ with my name next to it on a piece of paper!!!! (Just like you Beckibee!)

If I wasnt tremendously petrified of needles I'd give blood, but I seriously would rather have my eyes gouged out! It is a phobia from too many injections as an ill bubba!!!!

*I'm sorry it is a lame excuse I am just petrified!!!!

trace: we can be blood sisters!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast