Thread: blood nose................

Kirsty77 Guest

Default blood nose................

Hey girls

I have the flu at the moment and I have just blown my nose to discover a huge amount of blood come out of it.I have been getting little bits here and there but this lot was quite big and my nose is still bleeding a little now(I'm sitting here with a tissue stuffed up my nose!).Is this normal?I have heard that your nose is really sensitive when pregnant.Just wondering if theres anything I should be worried about...................

Tah............

I posted a similar concern about 2 months ago. Blew my nose and heaps of blood came out. Apparently it's very common during pregnancy. I haven't had it before or after that, but was reassured it's normal. If you're concerned or it doesn't stop, ring the Dr. But I'd think it's ok.
    xo[/list]

Kirsty - all the preg books I've read have said that because of the blood pumping extra hard around your body nose bleeds and bleeding gums are quite common, especially in 2nd and 3rd trimester. I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd mention it on your next check-up...

Melinda Guest

Yes, bleeding noses are quite common in PG. I'd mention it at your next check-up just so they are aware of it. It's nothing to be concerned about though (unless of course it just won't stop LOL!)

Kirsty77 Guest

Thank you girls....feel much better now!

kirsty, i have had the same thing. never in my life had i had a bleeding nose until pg, and now it has happened a few times. and like you, when i had the flu last week i would blow my nose sometimes and it would be all blood. im pretty sure it is normal,

Linda