Thread: Boori Cot Safety Notice!

Default Boori Cot Safety Notice!

Feel free Mods to move these is a better spot for this.

This is info that was passed onto me from a friend

The Boori Paddington 3-in-1 cot/bed has a safety notice in the paper Apparently its fine when its in the cot mode, but when it converts to a junior bed, a baby's head can get caught between the side rail and the mattress/base. For the moment they are recommending taking the side rails off when its set up as a Junior Bed, but to register for further information call 1800 036 254.

Im not sure Caro. Ive only ever heard really great things about Boori.

We also have the Boori sleigh 3 in 1. Haven't converted it to a junior bed yet so i'm not too sure if there'll be similar probs. Bloody better not be for the damn price of it - lol! Thanks for the warning Summer

Quote Originally Posted by *Rae* View Post
    Bloody better not be for the damn price of it - lol!
    I hope there isnt as well for you sake.

Eliza is in a Boori and it is in toddler mode now..it is her first sleep in it today
    I had trouble with it in the cot mode as her legs often got caught in the bar part and lodge there so she had to go into her portacot till I was ready for her to be a big girl.Other than that I have had no troubles. Quick question as I am not sure what hers is...whats the difference of a 3 in 1
    Bec

Caro - yep ours is up against the wall but we won't be turning it into a toddler bed for a while now as this new bub will be going in there (Ella has gone straight into a single bed).

The 3in1 means it can be changed from a cot to a toddler bed, and then to a kind of day bed thingy.

Ahh ha..well mine isnt a 3 in 1 its a 2 in 1. We dont turn into a couch. I have no idea Caro but its white and pretty lol. I was thinking that it would be really hard for her head to fit under the railings as the Boori matress goes all the way to the top. Dont have to wake the sleeping child now

Bec

I'd say its only the one they mentioned that has the problem.
    milo has ath boori classic ranch (solid panels at each end not bars) and so has his cousin's daughter. hers is in toddler bed set up, and there is no problem.

Ellibam Guest

I just took one side off for makon yesterday!!!
    and i did notice a large gap between the rail and the matress!!!
    i guess i will take the rail off tomorrow!!
    will this make it any weaker iykwim??

I have the "paddington" and have just been to the Boori website and have to say that when Jordan's was set up as a Junior bed there wasn't any gap, our side rails look different to the ones in the picture so because ours was bought in Feb 2002 maybe it is a different "paddington" model...

Amelia Guest

Ladies,

I work in a baby store and we sell Boori and haven't heard about this recall (but just went on the site and found it....I will be letting everyone at work know of this hazard) ......The gap on the sides between the rails and the mattress will depend on the mattress you have on the bed....When you bought the cot you should have bought a mattress that was a tad dearer then the standard mattress cause the Boori cots are different size because they all convert. Not just the standard size.

I am 9 weeks PG tomorrow and we will be buying the 4 Ever 4 in 1 Cot Double Bed.....I know it is real expensive but I get most things for cost and don't pay the retail price cause its where I work.

~Amelia.