Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy/ girl "feelings"

Default Boy/ girl "feelings"

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had particular 'feelings' about the gender of their unborn baby? Everyone around me says they have girl feelings, but the last few days I've had boy feelings. I'm only 11 weeks, so it really is just a feeling

Has anyone else had a feeling and been right/wrong?

Thanks!

I was certain with my first pregnancy we were having a boy & we only had a boy name picked, could not agree on a girl name at all & discussed it a lot! My 18 week u/s showed a healthy little man & he's now coming up on three years old!!

With this pregnancy we were both sure it was a baby girl. No idea why as the pregnancy has been pretty similar to my first. Anyway, by 9 weeks we were pretty sure on a girls name & Aaron (DH) wouldn't even think of a boy's name because he was so convinced we were having a girl.... The 18 weeks u/s proved us right again! Now we just have to wait until May to confirm

With my first, I so wanted a girl but just knew deep down that it was a boy. We didn't find out at the scan and I was right, it was a boy.
    With the second, I knew it was a girl straight away and I asked at the 18weeks scan what the sex was, and bingo, a girl.
    With the third, I though, a boy, didn't want to find out the sex but the sonographer told us that it was a boy. She thought we asked for the sex.
    This pg, I have a feeling that it is a girl for some reason, DF thinks boy - one of us is right...

I had gut feelings for each of my children, all the PG's were the same it was just a feeling.

I feel I'm having a girl (and have also dreamt that I am) but DF thinks the opposite (and has dreamt it's a boy). I'm having an amnio this week so will know either way by the end of the week I think so I'll let you know what the result is.

With pg #1 I had a gut feeling it was a boy, and was proven right!

This pg I really had no gut feeling at all. The only thing which was making me think it might be a girl was because of the different symptoms I was experiencing... but I still wasn't convinced, and even now after being told it is a girl, I wonder if they missed something on the scan LOL

Peekay, with my first pg I was convinced I was having a boy from the first day I knew I was pg. It was a strong feeling that never went away. We didn't find out until the birth and lo and behold - boy!! Second time around I didn't have any feelings at all and it was a boy again. I think first time around I had really strong maternal instincts, but the second time I was too tired and was using all my maternal senses on DS1!!

Oh and like Ambah my second pg was totally different - but the gender WAS the same in my case!!

Chalalan Guest

I think I'm having a girl. Dont know why, but I'm convinced its a girl. I dont really care either way, but I just keep thinking pink! Will have to wait and see!

Thanks for your experiences. The main reason I have boy feelings is that I've had 2 dreams where there's been a mother and a son. It wasn't me in the dream and the child was around 7 in one dream and 17 (leaving yr 12!) in another. My sister is having a boy- maybe I'm dreaming about her!

I don't really mind what gender our baby is. I probably have the slightest preference for a girl only because my sister is having a boy and our babies will be 5 months apart. It's only the slightest, slightest feeling. Other than that I will be happy either way.

I felt all through my pregnancy i was having a girl and i did!

It was a feeling an di convinced myself it was a boy so i was surprised lol

Definitely!

From the second I saw the bfp with DD I *knew* without doubt that she was a girl. It's the weirdest thing. DH and I chose her name very early on and didn't have any trouble deciding on it. I had a few dreams very early on as well about a little girl standing in my mother's back yard.

With DS I also knew, not because I felt a strong "boy" feeling but he just felt so different to my DD. The pregnancy itself was very similar but the "feeling" I had about the baby in my belly just was different. We were told at 14 weeks that he was a girl and I never told a soul because I knew that he wasn't and that his "real" gender would be discovered at his 20wk scan...which it was

I think my boy/girl radar is waaaay off. With Izzy I was 100% positive it was a boy, we had a boys name picked early on and decided on her name once she was born!!!! Last night I had a dream about my girlfriends baby and in the dream she had a boy, she had a girl this morning!! I guess its 50/50 although I know lots of people who are sure and are correct!!

yep i had the strongest feeling with my first pregnancy that it was going to be a girl and was only ever looking at girl names! 19wk scan showed it was a girl..then this pregnancy i didnt have as strong a feeling as with DD but felt it was a boy and we had a boys name picked out and at the scan it is a boy!

are u going to be finding out the sex?

i thought i was having a boy when i pregnant and she was a girl..

but DP was convinced that we were having a girl and he was right!

Thanks ladies

I don't think I've ever been overly intuitive so we'll see I guess.

Yes Blanche, we are going to find out the sex (or at least try to). Initially I didn't want to- I wanted it to be a surprise. DH wants so desperately to know though and I feel that I don't want to exclude him from making some important decisions. I've made so many decisions about the ob and hospital etc, I want DH to feel a part of it all. I still have 9 weeks to wait for that though.

I did the ring test today and it moved in circles- that's a girl right? Ah it's so much fun guessing!!

With DD1 all along i had a feeling it was a boy....or maybe thats because i wanted a DS so much. We were unable to find out at the 18 week scan. Everyone around me said it was a girl an dall my dreams were about a DD. It was indeed a girl

DD2 was a totally different pregnancy and i swore it was a boy (again) and couldnt wait for the scan for them to say 'a healthy blue bundle'...only to get there and have the lady say 90% sure its a girl. I cried, screamed and hated myself for finding out.

So if theres a next time im not going to try and guess...for me..its to heart breaking!!

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always thought I'd have a son. For some reason it reminds me of Greek tales... so I think I must have empathised with some Greek mother who loved her son very much!

Now that I'm pregnant, it just feels like fate. I think I'd be really REALLY surprised if it was a girl. If I was completely honest with myself - I'd have to say I'd be disappointed, but I've reassured myself that it would be a great gift for my DH who I think would adore a little princess!

We have decided NOT to find out the gender before the birth so I have something to motivate me through the labour...

Only time will tell!

I was absolutley convinced I was carrying a girl. I'd had dreams about it, had gut feelings about it- everything.
    At our 20 week scan I was proved wrong! Very, very wrong!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast