Thread: Braxton Hicks...

Default Braxton Hicks...

I got home from work last night & had bad back aches & tightening across the lower part of my baby bump...
    I made dinner & managed to eat etc, but ran a bath & saoked for about 30 mins, when I got out they were there for about 5-15 mins & gradually disappeared, then baby kicked up a storm, would that be considered Braxton Hicks????

Does sound like it to me Tracey...

i was just wondering something about BH...

does anything else happen along with the tightening of the belly? i think i might've had them last night. even though i'm only 22 and a bit wks along.. i've read that can happen as early as 18 wks. so anyways.. i felt a bit dizzy.. then nauseus.. then felt little pangs of pain in my tummy. does it sound like a BH contraction?

i wish i'd have known about taking a warm bath but most of the discomfort has subisded now so i'll have to remember that for next time.

Custardtart Guest

Dana, that might well have been muscles shifting & stretching to make room for the baby, but it doesn't sound like 'classic' symptoms of BH to me. If you find yourself getting the dizzies again, please go and get your blood pressure checked - and make sure you keep taking iron supplements!

Kerrie

Melinda Guest

I haven't heard of nausea etc being associated with BH. They began with me from as early as around 20w and it was just a tightening of the stomach.....it felt a bit uncomfortable for a few minutes, but that was it.

I experienced them once or twice only with Olivia, but this time round , OMG, they are SO much more noticable and so much more pronounced!

Mine feel like I am being sucked in IYKWIM? (You know when you take a huge swig out of a drink bottle and the bottle squeezes inwards? Like that. Bizarre).

Somedays they do actually border on a tiny bit almost painful.

But a bath always stops them..........

I am torn between welcoming them, and ****ting myself that I am actually going into labour!