Thread: Breakouts! Argh!

Default Breakouts! Argh!

Has anyone else broken out in pimples or rashes for no particular reason?
    Is this a pregnancy thing? I thought it was a food allergy, and am desperately trying to think of what could have caused it...better not have been the Frosty Fruits! :eek:

But then I thought, perhaps it's just a pregnancy thing? I haven't had this pimply rash for ages, it's on my face (soooo attractive), I might have had it early in pregnancy (vague memories of maybe one then).
    Anyone else had random breakouts? I don't suppose there's any way to avoid/fix them?...that would be too easy hey

Thanks!

Eump, yes! I've had spots for months! Nothing gets rid of the things, not even normal gels and things that work otherwise.

Ah well, just another 7 months and I can have nice skin again... bet you all my nails will break then LOL.

Hey Nelle

Yep I have them on my upper chest and they wont go away been 2 weeks now aughh

Bel

Ive had a lil bit of a break out around my chin this week but i think thats because im getting married on Saturday and didnt want to have any at all! Damn breakouts!

During my pregnancy with Matilda I had breakouts on my chest & back from 13weeks-24 weeks and I have it this time around too... but looks to be fading now. YAY

goldilocks Guest

*puts hand up* Yup, me too! My skin broke out around 8-9 weeks on my face and neck, chest and upper back.

Actually it's not that bad...I've made it sound worse than it is! LOL It's not terribly obvious to everyone else, but when I had smooth, spot-free skin pre-pregnancy, I definitely notice it more! Yukkkkkk!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

i have had the odd BIG pimple on face through pregnancy but my back has got the pimply rash you are talking about and i never used to get them on my back!! also i think my skin is more sensitive, i had a band aid on a scratch on my stomach for a couple of days and when i pulled it off it was red and bumpy underneath where the adhesive from the band aid had been. wierd!

Nelle
    Have you been drinking too much raspberry leaf tea perchance. It's known to cause a rash if you have too much. Not harmful. Just a thought.

Yep me too, very normal. I've got to exfoliate the areas daily and moisturise everywhere, and the breakouts are getting less.

i have actually had the opposite, my skin has been fantastic!! i get the occasional pimple now and then but nothing major. i used to get one big pimple each month before my period and thats how i knew it was coming as i never kept track of it hehe

but since i have been pregnant my skin has been great and i dont even clense it before bed like i used to. i sleep with makeup all the time now hehe

Yep well THANKS Ambz.

Nope, haven't started on the raspberry leaf tea yet, so can't be that. I HAD drunk a lot of milk the day before I got it...too much fat? Although my DH insists that diet doesn't have that much to do with it. I just wish I knew if anything caused it, so I could avoid it!

I suppose I'll just be gentle on my skin and try not to 'fix' it! Just keeping it clean to avoid bacteria.
    I'm just stressing because (apart from it not feeling/looking that nice anyway), I'm in my best friend's wedding later this month and I just want to look nice! Really feel for you Kellxx, hope it clears up before your wedding! All the best for that!

Thanks for your answers guys, at least I'm not alone!
    (what do they say, misery loves company? )

My skin goes through alternating breaking out phases with dry flaky phases. At one stage the breakout was so bad on my chest that I went and got some new tops that were a higher neckline.

My normally clear back has just erupted in 'teenage boy acne'. I asked the Dr's at work about using a bit of Tea tree oil on the spots and they said OK. It worked a treat and dry them up over night.

I know there is some debate about tea tree oil in pregnancy so I will leave it up to you.

HEHE sorry nelle! i went through the horrible teenage acne face in the T-zone.
    i hated it soooo much!!! sometimes i would wag school just so i wouldnt have to go because i had a break out. it can really do alot of damage to your image self image when your a teenager. you think the whole world is staring at your face...
    one time i used clearasil face wash and i dabbed the lotion on my forhead and left it on a lil too long while i did something and it burned through my skin. it was horrible!! i really do sympathise with you. i hope it all clears up soon. im sure its just your hormones going kaotic! or you might even find that you will get it the worse around the time your period is supposed to be due.