Thread: Breastfeeding and Pregnancy

Default Breastfeeding and Pregnancy

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Breastfeeding thread :-k

I`m just wondering if anyone else out there who have continued Breastfeeding through their pregnancy if they developed extremely sore/sensitive nipples during feeding at anytime throughout their pregnancy?

I`m now 17.5 weeks pregnant and for the last 2 weeks my nipples have been so sore while feeding Matthew that at times the pain gets too bad I have to take him off for a while before trying again, he hasn`t bitten me so it`s nothing like that, I have also noticed in the last week that I`m feeling my let down again, I haven`t felt it for months. Could my body be preparing itself for feeding another baby already???? Hence why I`m getting pain plus feeling letdown.

Not sure if anyone can help me as I don`t think there`s too many out there currently BFing and pregnant but I thought I`d ask the question in case someone knows.

Except for the pain, Breastfeeding is still going along strongly, I did have a comment from MIL yesterday 'When are you going to stop BFing" "Are you going to feed 2 of them". I didn`t think it was any of her business so brushed it off and Mark mentioned "Many women do!!!!" I`m just taking it a day at a time, just like my pregnancy.

Take Care

Deeanne

katherine Guest

Hi Deeanne, well done! I fed my DD until I was about 12 weeks preg (from memory) and even then I was feeling a lot of nipple pain - enough, combined with the all day feeling of nausea, to make me decide to wean her.

Later, after I got over the nausea I was sometimes sorry that I had weaned, but I had fed her for 17 months so I felt I had already done a good job.

I spoke to my OB about tandem feeding, and she told me she tandem fed her two. Like you I don't know many who do, but I found the Australian Breastfeeding Association website and helpline really supportive - you will find more on their website about tandem feeding and all things breastfeeding.

Good luck with it all!