Thread: Breasts

maggie Guest

Default Breasts

HI All

I have just gone 12weeks, and my breasts are no longer tender, hmm is this normal.. they are still enlarged and full though. thanks all

Definately normal Maggie. Mine started losing their sensitivity from around then. They will still feel enlarged and full for the rest of your pg now. Soon you may notice small bumps around your aureola (can't remember their proper name), this is normal too, but not everyone will get them so don't worry if you don't get them IYKWIM?

maggie Guest

Thanks, is it also normal that your nipples may have some flaky skin on them, i know TMI

Hi Maggie

Mine weren't tender after about 9 wks, but still grew... and grew... :shock: I had to get maternity bras at about 12 wks and upsize them at 26ish. Obviously will be going for even larger when I'm bf. Aereolas continue to grow, but how much varies a lot I've noticed. Just because the tenderness eases doesn't mean they're any fun for your DP/H too, mine started leaking at about 20 wks!

Mine didn't seem to do anything at all! They've never been sore, and they didn't feel like they'd gotten bigger.. but I did get stretch marks early on underneath (go figure!). I got myself some maternity bras around week 18 i think, and I was having a bit of leaking at that stage too.

They've definitely changed throughout the pregnancy tho, looking back, but I never really felt the changes iykwim. Like Jen - the areolas have definitley grown, and I'm not so worried about having only little mosquito bites I thought I was going to have to try and feed with! LOL. DH teases me now and says I have tribal woman boobs.. especially when I'm sitting leaning over my belly, they kinda sit there on top of the belly... and yes.. I look like some tribal woman! LOL.

I got some new bras today!!
    Didn't realise how uncomfy and small mine were but now...Ahhhhhh comfy bliss
    My breasts haven't been too sore, but I'm up a cup size at week 10...
    Not keen to inflate to gigantor proportions, but I guess it's out of my hands

Mate, I went into Myer to get fitted for bras, when I was preggers with Will, I was 11 wekks and went in a size 14c and left a whopping 18DD, whoarrrrr....... :shock:

And now that I finished feeding I'm back to a 16C, or D... not sure

Arrrggghhh the joys