Thread: Buy In Bulk & Save?

KellyF Guest

Default Buy In Bulk & Save?

Hello ladies,

I was just after some advice...

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a "baby superstore" to me. I live in Geelong so I would obviously have to travel to Melbourne or Suburbs. I am expecting in October and I need all of the usuals: cot, pram, change table etc.

What is everyone's opinion on Baby Target, Baby Bunting, Ikea? If there are any suggestions of other stores, I'm all ears.

Thank you

I like Baby Bunting. I haven't bought anything from Baby Co because the prices seem higher than the others. We bought our Valco pram from Baby Bunting as Baby Target and Baby Co didn't have the range of Valcos that we were after.

Hi - babyco do a 6 month layby and sometimes have specials if you get a few things, like cot, pram and changetable. if you find they push the swallow brand of things, its because its their line of items.

baby bunting does have more, but i think they only have two stores ??? malvern and ringwood ???? i still love to look at the prams and cots in there !

i dont know about ikea for baby furniture - its a bit too modern and not very sturdy looking for me and i dont know how they go with regard to australian standards, although you wouldnt think they would be able to sell items if they did not comply.

see if you borrow a baby when you look at prams and make sure you can push it around outside the store on the footpath and stuff, not just around the shop floor.

barb.

Hi Kelly!
    I found that Babyco was pretty expensive too, but I did just buy my pram at Baby Tearget and I am very happy with it, it was over $100 off and if a good Childcare one that converts into a bassinette and came with a free stand. They seem to have a lot of sales every time I was in there paying the layby, and I am going back to put my next item (a carseat) on layby this Thursday. I have never been to Baby Bunting but I think I might check it out.

Gemma, what Valco pram did you get?? We were looking at getting one for our next bubs (when ever that will be, hopefully soon) I think the one I wanted was the Valco Rebel.

Sorry didn't mean to take over your post Kelly.

most of the bigger stores, i.e. buaby bunting, babyco will do deals if you are buying a few things. The more you're buying the more bargaining power you have.

Theres a shop called 'One Stop baby shop' in Seddon/Yarraville thats OK, and there are a couple of baby shops in werribee, although they're not huge - closer to Geelong though.

Theres also a NappyLand factory outlet in Hoppers Crossing, if you're planning on using displosables - not sure if they have cloth ones (thats what I'm using)

KellyF Guest

Thanks for the advice guys

I might also check out Ebay as well. I have heard of a few people getting some good stuff there too!

Ta!!!!

Hi Kelly,

I live in Geelong too, and bought everything from the Nth Geelong baby-co. I joined up for their VIP night, and we got 15% of everything, and actually saved more than that becasue we bought the shop stock, and lay-buyed everything. As it was, they ended up giving us the new stuff because new stuff came in, so someone else got the floor stock.

I found them really, really nice, and sometimes its worthiwhile trading a little bit of money for good service. I think we got one of the best deals for all our stuff new than anyone else I know, and I'm really happy with it all, including my BeemaQ pram

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi Kelly!
    Good to see another Geelong person on Belly Belly! So far, Fi and I have been the only ones (I think!).
    I bought a lot of my things on ebay or online but I got my pram at Motherworld in Moorabool street. Unfortunately Geelong is lacking in huge baby shops. A baby target would have come in handy!

KellyF Guest

Thanks for your help ladies

Bieleemorris - I have also found it really hard finding maternity clothing. Belly Button Maternity in Pako just closed down and Target & K Mart have a very limited range. Maternal Instinct in Moorabool Street has lovely clothing, but unfortunately very pricy.

Take care,

KellyF.

Also, for anyone west of Melbournem there's a new baby bunting store opened up in Maribyrnong/maidstone, near highpoint.

I went into the baby bunting at ringwood last weekend - i felt a bit of an imposter cos i didnt have a big belly !

I'm looking for more regular furniture this time - wardrobe, bookshelves and toy box - as we already have the cot and stuff from last time. I won't be getting it from BB - in the dark wood that I like, a toy box was $600 !

And the steelcraft pram I like, it's $100 more there than I've seen it at other places.

They did have nice cot blankets near the front door on special !

Barb.

kjorgo1 Guest

Hi

Here in QLD we have Babies Galore and I believe that they are in NSW too. From memory they also have mail order and web site.
    I found them to be quite good and they would price match with other baby stores and Target, Kmart etc.

Also Target will usually also price match if they have the same item on sale as someone else and they are more expensive. Kmart will price match. It is worth remembering to sometimes save a bit of extra money.

I found Target the best place to get baby clothes (especially when they have sales like 20% off baby clothes) I would go and layby stuff and pay for it gradually. I got mainly yellow or white clothes but did buy some blue stuff (thinking I was having a boy). Luckly I left the tags attached and stapled the reciept to the tag because I had a girl so I just returned them for pink.

J

Shannon - I know the shop - I'm just spewin' you have to be pregnant to shop there ! I can still remember what I bought last time and how much it cost. I plan to go in July - will need more of everything if I can't find where I packed the stuff away.

Cheers,
    Barb.

Theres a BabyTime in Geelong (not sure where)
    but i LOVE our babytime here
    they price match or beat (they actually beat the price more often then just match )

Theres a baby bunting here a few metres away from BabyTime but ill always shop at BabyTime

I'm from Geelong BabyCo shut down last year. There is Baby Time in North Geelong, Nappy Land on the highway near Rippleside as well as Baby Bunting in Waurn Ponds. There is also a Baby Time in Hoppers Crossing. Hope that helps!

He he just realised this is a very old thread, ah well the info might come in handy to someone else!