Thread: Buying maternity bras online???

Default Buying maternity bras online???

Hi all,

I'm new, to being pregnant and to this site.

I am working in Vietnam at the moment and I'm pretty sure I'll have the baby here because of work and partner commitments.

It's early days now but my boobs are sore and my bras (all underwire) feel tight. But the women here are built like toothpicks and nothing fits me here. I stocked up on bras and undies when I was home in January... the bras seem like a waste of money now.

I've found a few sites that sell maternity bras online. But I have no idea what size to order. I am a 14DD. My sister, who is a bit smaller than me, blew out to a G cup when she was pregnant. Any suggestions? The other problem is that anything I order is going to take a couple of weeks to arrive.

I don't feel comfortable "outing" the pregnancy to anyone here yet because I had a miscarriage last year.

All advice gratefully received, especially about other online resources.

Hi there,

There is a website called Zodee and i think they have a sizing information guide where you can measure with a tape measure to get your current size.

Your size will change alot through the pregancy..... so i'd say get one or two and see how you go.

Good luck! x

i agree with zodee - i just stocked up actually and should be getting my bra mail soon.....

last pregnancy at around 30wks i got fitted for a mat bra. The lady said to go up 1 size...i dont know if thats a general rule, or just for me. So im normally a 10C, so i went up to a 12B.....

Good luck....

Thanks guys. When I find where I can buy a tape measure, I think I'll be set.

TAPE MEASURE SIZES ARE BULL!!!!!

Don't use a tape measure, especially if you are a larger breasted woman. Even as a 14DD I found measurements to be inaccurate and it's a waste of time and money especially if you are sending back and forth from another country.

My suggestion is to determine where you are too small. Is it in the band or the cup? If it is possibly just in the band, buy an extender and see how it fits. If more comfortable then you are a 16. Then determine how comfortable the cup is, is it a little tight with a little more cleavage than normal or are you completely bulging?

Remember when you go up a band size, you go down a cup size, so the 14DD equivalent is a 16D. So if you think you need to go up one cup size, and in the band try a 16DD, or maybe a 16E.

I understand your pain, I went from a 12E/14DD to an 18J ... it's a lot less for you.

Zodee, Blestbras, Storm in a D Cup, bellaforma are all Australian sites, and Bravissimo is a great UK one, with a much larger range, prettier bras and better prices (from my experience anyway). You could also try eBay as there are a few stores that sell Fayreform larger cup bras there quite cheap.