Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: c section

I have had 2 c-sections now and have been told by my ob that i will need to have another one this time because my uterus started to rupture when i was in labour with Ryan
    I find that the recovery isn't as bad as i'd been led to believe before i had Nick, and after Ryan it was a breeze.
    I have had both an emergency c-section with Nick for fetal distress after induction and 7 hours of labour at 10 days overdue and an elective with Ryan at 38 weeks because he turned twice (head down to breech, then breech to transverse) in 3 hours and thats when my uterus started to rupture, but no-one new until they opened me up, so we were very lucky.
    I must say that the elective was far easier in reguards to recovery, but maybe being in labour beforehand, made #1 harder to recover from

Anyway, goodluck for whatever you decide

Debbie Lee Guest

Naomi - yeah... I reckon experiencing hard labour beforhand really does affect your recovery! As it is, you are sleep deprived, hormonal etc. etc. but throw in major abdominal surgery and it certainly adds to it all!
    I experienced "prostin pain" for a few days after being induced (later when I was actually having real contractions and they felt exactly the bloody same just more intense... prostin pain my BUTT!! LOL) and was in agony for the last couple of days until my waters were broken. So, effectively, I was in labour for 5 days before having the caesar (with a couple of nights spent in hospital next to a woman that had already had her baby - I was trying to agonise quietly while she was trying to keep her baby quiet, LOL). So I am hoping I'll recover a little better with an elective next time I have a feeling that I will somehow!

Hello, back to Rae's original question about pain and recovery, can anyone tell me what the deal is with not driving for 6 weeks? I don't understand, since driving is not a very physical thing...?

Marydean

Colleen Guest

if you had to brake suddenly, it could do some damage to parts that havent healed properly yet, i had to drive 10 days after mine and found it a little unnerving, and a little uncomfortable but i drive very slowly.

An insurance company will not cover you if you have an accident within 6 weeks of a c-section, because doctors reccomendation is to not drive in that period.

Debbie Lee Guest

I was right to drive after a couple of weeks but I only did short trips to the chemist/supermarket and I didn't take Gab with me.
    In the first few days I was still pretty spaced out by the pain medication (not like fully high or anything... just "not myself" iykwim?) and the whole experience was a little overwhelming. I remember feeling a little "wrong" just being out in the big, wide world for a while.

It's definitely just an insurance issue for not driving for at least 6 weeks. I think, even then, it's only an issue if it's against doctor's advice? Definitely ring your insurer if you're not sure. I didn't... but I guess that was a bit nordy

Wow, I don't think they told me about not driving. I didn't really drive though cos I could just walk up the road to the shop.

I was walking 2 days after c/s...for me it was way to painful to stand before that. I felt stiff and had to remember to hold my tummy if I wanted to sneeze or cough cos that hurt. I found getting to the sitting down on the lounge and getting up a bit uncomfortable for a little while but I healed very neatly and quite fast. As for numbness....13 years later and more around the ends on where the incision was made is still numby.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123