Thread: Calling all TALL peoples!

Default Calling all TALL peoples!

Being just shy of 6ft, i have been wondering a few things about the differences in tall peoples preg, compared that of our shorter friends.
    2 things i have wondered about so far
    Do we have longer babies?
    Do we 'show' later in preg, as baby has more room to move, as we have longer stomach area?

Hey!

I actually learnt yesterday that tall people will show later in pregnancy because the baby has more room.

Theres a lady at the zest gym I go to that is nearly 30 weeks pg and she is tiny, the instructor said its because she is so tall.

people keep saying to me that i dont look preg. i wish i would start looking more preg, but, on the other hand, havent brought any maternity cloths yet, just some stretchy tops, and my belly belts, but, still only on the small size, and sometimes, dont even need them. I guess the upside is not having to spend a fortune on cloths.

I'm quite tall, but I'm sorry to say that when I'm pg I'm just HUGE. Even in my first PG when I bellydanced constantly (ie you couldn't blame it on slack tummy muscles). It all hangs right out there in an astonishingly large fashion.

The difference is, being tall you get a few more weeks before you run out of lung room! But it's also further to fall over if you're prone to fainting spells (LOL)!

My DD was longer than usual, but also had a much larger head circumference than average (you bet I felt that as it came out)! She's now one of the tallest in the class, but apparently that's a feature of fully BF children too - they are taller and leaner with increased muscle mass. But she was cooked for 42 and a bit weeks so that might account for the increased size?

I don't think I'll have that luxury I'm 6ft tall but its all in my legs they're just over 4ft long from hip down my torso is actually rather small if I line my hips up with most of my friends they would be taller than me. I do have very big lungs though so will be interesting how squished they are going to get lol

I'm almost 6' too, and I was well into the third trimester before people noticed without having to be told first! DS was 54cm at birth (as was I) and no-one can believe he fit into my "tiny" bump! I'm so pleased I didn't buy too many newborn things as he's starting to outgrow even the 56cm stuff I bought him.

I really loved labour, well, right up until the whole hand thing, but I think that's just the nature of the person not the height.

Marydean, I loved bellydancing whilst pg. I'd do it in front of a mirror and laugh at myself! DS was almost 42w at birth so that may explain some of the height too!