Thread: Can't find out sex of baby

Default Can't find out sex of baby

I have had 3 ultrasounds one at 9 weeks to check dates next one at 18 weeks and again at 23 weeks to check everything was ok. DH and I wanted to know the sex of our baby. at the 18 and 23 week scan the baby had its legs crossed both times! no one believed us the first time as we were going to keep it a secret but the second time we were going to tell everyone. I know i should be happy to have a healthy baby but i was so upset we did not find out that i went home and cried. has anyone else had this problem?

What a cheek little bugger you must have in there. I didn't have any problems with my first 2. You could see their Doodles a mile away (one would say "well Hung"LOL!!) Maybe you can still find out a little later on. Request another U/S and see how you go. There is a thread saying baby was asleep during the u/s and some said to eat a mars bar before you go in & that will wake em up. Maybe you could try something like that to get them moving about for a better view!.

Good luck.

That has happened all three times for us, which was a real bugger. Although I did have a scan at 28 weeks with Lindsay and the ob kept referring to him as 'he', which made me wonder if he could see he was a boy or if he called Lindsay 'he' as opposed to 'it'?

Okay well I really have no idea about these things, but I think I read in another post awhile ago about counting the baby's ribs cos girls have less ribs than boys? :-k I think it was a post where someone had a similar problem...
    All the best!

Yeah both of mine did that too, checky buggers aren't they?

But hey no need to cry hun, as you said it's H&H and just think there's hardly anything in this world anymore that's a surprise, and trust me there's nothing more amazing than when bubs is born and they say congratulation, it's a ............., the elation you feel is quite sureal, why don't you just wait for a surprise?

If you're so upset, why not have another u/s. we tried to confirm 3 times! (even then it was not 100%) ! Mind you, we also found out some not so good news, so if the baby is healthy, try not to worry and know that what is meant to be will be. xo

Thank you all. it is a cheeky little one lol we may get another ultrasound at 34 weeks just to check that the baby is ok but it looks like its ment to be a surprise and i will have to learn to be paitent and wait 16 more weeks.

Hi Chantal

Did you know you can ask the Sonographer to count how many ribs the baby has. A girl has 1 extra rib to a boy. My friend just found out the sex of their baby by rib counting

Love

oh thats a great thought Kathryn.

We had the same problem, even to the point of sitting for an hour while they tried to get Matilda to uncross her legs. I was absolutely devestated and cried heaps. I almost went back for another u/s but we couldn't part with the $120 at that time. I wanted to know because I really wanted a boy and wanted to prepare if it was a girl. In the end when she came out, we were surprised but it didn't matter anymore.

Men and women have the same amount of ribs - 12!

I have the ultrasound scans at home - how many ribs do boys/girls have?

Hmm well that is how my friend found out and a later ultrasound confirmed it was a girl. Lucky guess then I guess LOL. Will go back to my hole.

Love

Sorry Kathryn, dont feel bad!! I only found out after getting all excited when I read your post, calling my SIL and have her laugh at me !!! I googled it and found out she was right. SIL is still laughing!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

My sister has just had this problem solved at her 32 week scan!!The little bub had HER legs crossed and shoved up covering everything for both her previous scans(the 12 and 20weeks).The sonographer actually hinted at the 20 week that when their legs are kinda stuffed up into the private area then more than likely its a girl.Not sure how true it is though.But when I think about it a boy would be squeeshing all his bits!PMSL!.........sorry preggie brain thinking out loud!