Thread: Can't Sleep

Taia's Mum Guest

Unhappy Can't Sleep

Hi Everyone,

Lately I've been having issues trying to sleep at night. I go to bed when I'm really tired but I just can't sleep! Last night I was awake for 3/4 of the night and all I want to do now is sleep (don't think the boss would like that).

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could do? Any hot drinks that might help etc? I'm getting desperate!!

Nat

Hi Nat,
    I am sorry i cant really suggest anything except a warm bath before bed, surround yourself in pillows?
    I do that when im finding it hard to sleep, I am a belly sleeper so im not getting comfy at all ATM... i hope someone else can help you some more....

All I can offer is my sympathy, sorry! I had the same problem last night, and I'm cranky as all hell today! When are you finishing work?

Oh baby girl... you poor bugger...
    I just used to think about how much sleep I am NOT going to get when bub comes and I would do a semi meditation as I went to sleep... almost like counting sheep could you say :P
    A nice cup of tea always helped me and a nice warm shower.. washing my hair every night too so I was cooler going to sleep.
    Even just try laying on the couch watching some TV and dozing if you cant get to proper sleep... You have to get your rest honey!!!!
    Im going all mumm kirty on you again!! hehehe
    Also there are some teas.. i think raspberry is one.. and that also helps with your urinary tract and something to do with labour being a tiny bit easier. Also peppermint tea and good old honey and lemon tea too.
    Good luck sweetheart!!!!!
    LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS.... I miss you too by the way... havent had any natty questions for EVER

xxxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Taia's Mum Guest

I've tried the teas (they are gross!) and the pillows, tried lying on the couch till I'm sooo tired but when I move to the bed that's it - I can't sleep. I love having baths but I'm worried that it will make me too hot (even a warm one) because i'm running so warm at the moment!
    Might just crawl under my desk and have a good cry! 7.5 more work days to go!

ooooooooooooooooooo how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yeah the teas are gross.. thats why I just liked my good old black tea but that has some caffine in it too so if you get that buzz from any caffine that will buzz you up too maybe... Hold your nose and swallow :P
    Try some meditation... have a google and see what you can find... that stuff might help you through the labour also.. just with breathing Techniques and stuff too.
    :hugs:

Taia's Mum Guest

It's so fustrating! Wish you were here for hugs Kitty! xoxoxoxox

ooooooooooo you making me cry!!!
    im sorry im not there for you babe.....

Taia's Mum Guest

Sorry babe but I beat you to it! lol

I had problems sleeping a few years ago too. I found carrying out little ‘routines’ before bed time would help my mind know its time for sleep. Like what has been suggested, a bath before bedtime & a cup of horlicks or milo??? I put lavender under my pillow or maybe you would like to light a lavender candle 15 minutes before lying down to sleep. The thing that I found help me the most was making the bedroom a relaxing environment. Some relaxing music, open a window and let the cook breeze in and blow your curtains softly???
    I hope some of my suggestions help XXX

oooooooo big big big big hugs!!!!!!! oopps.. better not squezz you too tight!!
    It will all be over soon and you will have your precious precious little one in your arms and that will be all that matters in this world... the next thing you know they are getting teeth and pooing hard poos!!!!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHE....

Taia's Mum Guest

I'm starting to think I'm going to have issues with bubs and me not getting enough sleep - maybe I just need a good sleep at the moment to snap out of it!

your head is running over time babe!!! you need to rest... do what it takes to relax... enjoy yourself a warm bath.. your body will tell you when its getting too warm.. then just stand up and get a breeze under your bum!! hehehe that will cool you down :P

Fear is natural... you just need to talk it out so it doesnt grow to big in your mind

You will be fine babe!!! I am sooooooo proud of you!!!