Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capsule for newborn vs carseat

Caro, I heard similar things about leaving babies in capsules for long periods of time, but as with all things it's a case of exercising common sense. For me, an extra 30 mins napping in a capsule after arriving at our destination is far better than a cranky and overtired child!

I still maintain they are much better in winter because of the bunny rug factor!

We've been offered the purchase of a capsule for $90, haven't looked at it yet, but am considering it.

Any suggestions on things to look for with second-hand capsules?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Rebecca... we're looking at the Turn a tot carseat too!!! They are a great idea.

Lisa, we got a turn-a-tot carseat too! I have a crook back so I figured that anything I can do to make getting Bob in and out of the car easier will be a big help.

I used a capsule with DD and she HATED it. She always looked hunched over and uncomfortable. She was also born just before summer hit, and I found she got really hot because of the higher sides.

This time we're going to use a reversible car seat. I figured we'd eventually have to buy one anyway, so why not buy one we can use from newborn, then there's no additional expense for a capsule as well.

I suppose it's a case of what works best for you as everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by caro View Post
    I dont want any of you to be offended but I have to point out that capsules are not designed for carrying bubs around or having bubs sleep in them at a house, yours or friends etc

The base is curved and this curves baby its not natural or good for their spine
    This is true, but they tell you not to leave them in the capsule for any longer than 3 hours. Usually the baby will wake in 2 or so for a feed anyway.

I think its a great idea and I am going to hire one from our council. However before our trip to Sydney Oct/Nov I will buy a safe n sound one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12