Thread: Carrying low - or carrying high theory

Default Carrying low - or carrying high theory

Hey guys,

I think I am having a boy, and my belly is really low still. It kind of pops out at the front, but still really low. No sign of it going up under my ribs yet.

Anyway, it goes along with the theory of a boy being carried low - so how does this theory actually work??? How can a baby with a willy lie lower than a baby without one!? IYKWIM?
    Any clarification on this theory would be helpful!!!

Hi apple, everyone has a different idea on this i think! But...my mum was convinced i was having a boy (just for no reason) then right toward the end of my pg, I was carrying really 'out front' IYKWIM? Like i had an almost pointy tummy! She then said I looked exactly as she did when she was having me, and she had 2 boys before me and carried them 'wider'. So I think there is some truth in it, but probably not accross the board. ie ask your mum! it is probably more likely that you will get more of an idea from her. does that make sense?

Apple.......both mine seemed to be in the same place, so I have no good anecdotal evidence for you...

BUT, a GF of mine has just had a baby boy, and swears that her belly looked totally different in pregnancy than it did with her pregnancy with her DD.

She says that in her pregancy with her DS she was all wide and spread round hips.

But with her DS she was still very slim, it just looked like she had a basketball down her pants!

That's what I've heard Lucy...that boys are all out in front, whereas girls are spread all over, lol. Not sure that I believe it, but when I was pg with DS, I was all in front, and people in shops used to actually stop and tell me I was having a boy, just by looking at me! Happened about 3 times!

Isnt that funny - because for me it was the opposite - all out in front for a girl. :-s guess i will have to have a boy to see if the theory is right....

jaggard Guest

I used to roll my eyes when people had a guess at what I was having, we never found out so I'm sure we had people laying bets.
    But I must say with DD, she was all hips (Kinda low), I put on 18kg, but I was all round the hips, rounder face etc.
    With DS put on 10kg and I was WAY out the front, you couldn't tell I was pg from behind. I had Sciatica with him he was a big ball, sticking right out.
    If we have a 3rd I'm having bets with myself that I will be able to tell what I'm having.

Isn't it just another old wives tale? I carried the same with both, and have one of each! Go figure.. 8-[

I dismissed that theory as with the first baby I was definitely carrying high and was convinced I must be having a girl, but it turned out to be a boy, and with the second I was carrying lower and it turned out to be a girl.

One wives tale which did ring true for me is that you put on more weight if you are carrying a boy - I gained a lot more weight when preg with my son than with my daughter.

I think it is just an old wives tale. The same as if you have m/s it will be a boy and no m/s it will be a girl etc...

I carried wide with Nicholas (had m/s) and this time I think I am more out the front (no m/s), yet still having another boy.

A woman at the bank yesterday was shocked to find out I was having a boy as she swore I was having a girl by the way I was carrying and how big my belly is!!

When I was about 34 weeks preg I was asked by a checkout operator what I was having (we were'nt finding out). Anyway she said that in her culture that if you are carrying wide, its a girl and if your pointy its a boy. Then she said to me "but you both wide and pointy".

Astrid

I carried totally different with both my babies & also had MS with one & not with the other!!! Totally different pregnancies...
    But I had 2 girls!!! 8-[

I think it's an old wives tale as well. My friend was all out the front. From the back you wouldn't even know she was pregnant, and she had a girl.

When I was about 30wks with Angus, I saw my old boss and he looked me up and down and said BOY. I already knew from the u/s it was a boy. Nobody really commented when I was pg with Mason, it just took ages to even look pg!

Pietta Guest

With Ryley i carried really high- my belly was all up near my boobies- Mind you then once he dropped a bit i was really ALL out in front. Although i did put on 20kgs

I wasnt too sure about this theory either but i carried all out front and every person i encounted said i was having a boy and i mean everyone not once did someone say i was having a girl and i did have a boy so know will just have to wait for next preg to see if i have a girl and whether i carry any differently.