Thread: Changing freckles and moles

Default Changing freckles and moles

Has anyone had any changing of freckles and moles whilst pregnant? So far, I have one on my face, and now one on my back kind of fill up with blood like a blood blister. They are also quite sore.

I have never had this happen before, so I thought it might be a pregnancy thing. I will see the Dr about this, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had anything similar.

I'm pretty sure there is such a thing during pregnancy.
    As when I went for my molescan the other month, the Dr asked me if I was pregnant or not, and mentioned that moles can have changes due to pregnancy.

Yup, certainly do. I have little ones on my chest that were the same colour as my skin, so not really all that noticable (not that anyone besides me and DH ever saw them!). Over the course of my pregnancy, they have darkened a lot - I am now the spotty lady! Not sure if they go back again? Does anyone know if they fade again after baby is born?

I had two moles which, over a few days, developed white circles in them. Got them checked by a GP who said they were safe, but I went to a dermatologist anyway just to be on the safe side, who said the same thing. Was weird, but yeah, nothing dodgy about the changes. They said it wasn't related to my pregnancy but who knows?

I've had moles darken during PG's but not been sore like you've described. I'd ask the Dr about that next visit.

I had a mole on the side of my nose that was dark brown and slightly raised, but when I was pg with Lindsay, it did grow and get more pronounced. I saw a dermatologist and she removed it for me and I have had no problems with it growing back with subsequent pgs. She told me the same thing about them growing too, so I always keep an eye on mine.

Some of mine have definatly gone through changes. I would definatly get it checked out at your next appointment. actually, this thread has reminded me to put it on my list for my next appointment - I keep forgetting about it!

AmyBaby Guest

That is definately a pregnancy thing. Myself and a friend of mine have had Molescan etc done for a few years now. She gave birth to her first daughter last year. Just this year when she returned for a scan, the doctor mentioned that moles change during pregnancy.

I will definately check them out with my Dr. And I will go to Mole scan as well, just to check everything out. I grew up on a farm and spent heaps of time in the sun growing up, so I was a bit worried about developing skin cancers.

moles change during pregnancy, i have a few on my tummy and one i thought was really bad. I got my gp to check it and all is fine, he said that they can change. After you have had bubs, i would get them checked again to be on the safe side. Also if they hurt too much please get it checked. You may be stressing over nothing but atleast you know that they are ok.

Thanks everyone!