Thread: Channel 10 documentary - in the womb - who watched it?????

Default Channel 10 documentary - in the womb - who watched it?????

Hi girls,

Hubby on night shift, #1 in bed, and i settle down to the most amazing doco i have ever watched on a baby's journey from conception to birth. FAR OUT !!!! I cannot believe what a miracle it is. The body is so amazing.......Anyone else spun out (and even more excited that your body is doing all this inside of you????????????????????)

I saw it and taped it when it was on Nat Geographic chan.

OH crap! I haven't sent those tapes off yet...Can everyone email me again so I have the list...I am actually getting Marc to burn onto DVD as thats easier, is that ok with everyone? Sorry I haven't done it finally got the tape back from SIL after she had watched it yesterday. I also taped the NICU special afterwards so let me know if you want that!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I wish i had taped it as I didn`t see it all.

I wonder if it`s available on DVD somewhere, I`d love to have it.

Take Care

Deeanne

i only realised it was on over half way through (watching mousehunt ) so i only saw from 26 weeks on. bit upset i missed the rest.

oh it sound so good. i didnt know it was on. was it advertised? hope they do a rerun or something!!

Linda

Wilson Guest

Hubby and i watched it, it was amazing, i'm blown away by how amazing the whole process is, those 4d scans are fantastic so much detail!!

I watched it on Foxtel a few weeks ago & was blown away by it

I have recorded it on Foxtel but not watched it yet.
    Does anyone know if it was just one episode or was it a series??????

Default reply

It was a 1 off sweetie, and it was phonominal, I loved it- Ive always been amazed at what the female body is cappable of.

We create life that lives inside us, in our bodies, can't get better than that!!

Melody Guest

We went away with the car club over the weekend (I figure it will be the last one we do for a little while so I couldn't say no to DH) & I set my mobile on alarm to go back to my room & watch it.... as it happened this was two minutes before dinner was served & I couldn't bring myself to get up & leave.

I'm devastated I missed it!

Did anyone tape it who is willing to send it to an incredibly trustworthy person who will return it OR does anyone know where I can buy it? (ABC Shop?)

i watched it too and like the rest of you - i was absolutely amazed!

but did the birth at the end of the show scare anyone else? this is my first bubs and i was already worried about giving birth but after watching that... i literally burst into tears! i am now 100% more petrified than i was before!

8-[

Quote Originally Posted by Cailin
    I saw it and taped it when it was on Nat Geographic chan.

OH crap! I haven't sent those tapes off yet...Can everyone email me again so I have the list...I am actually getting Marc to burn onto DVD as thats easier, is that ok with everyone? Sorry I haven't done it finally got the tape back from SIL after she had watched it yesterday. I also taped the NICU special afterwards so let me know if you want that!

*hugs*
    Cailin
    Hi Cailin,

Is there any chance I could get a copy of this sent to me on DVD? I will happily transfer the costs of the DVD and postage to Melb if you could send it - I so want to see it, as I have no clue

Let me know, and I will let you know my email address.

Thanks

Fee Guest

I knew this was on a Foxtel a while ago. I didn't realise it was on Channel 10 - when was that?

I would have liked to see it.

Sar79 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I can tell you if you have the National Geographics channel just to let you know the they will be playing again on the 9th July at 9:30pm and again on the 10th July at 2:30am..... And sorry to tell you i rang channel Ten and they told me they weren't playing it again (but that was just a lady on the phone)... So i rang National Geographics to find out if you can buy it (as i feel asleep through it) and they are not selling any copies of it either....

Im going to get my best friend to tape it from the National Geographics channel.....

SmallNads Guest

Cailian, could I have a copy as well? I'm more than happy to pay for any costs incurred by you.

email me at [email protected] and I'll give you address details (if you can post a copy that is!)

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SmallNads
    Cailian, could I have a copy as well? I'm more than happy to pay for any costs incurred by you.

email me at [email protected] and I'll give you address details (if you can post a copy that is!)
    Ditto - would love if you could help out

My email is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    Last edited by Fee; August 2nd, 2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: removing personal info

kjorgo1 Guest

Does anyone know if it was shown in QLD? I didn't see it advertised and no one I've talked to has seen it, perhaps we will get it in the future sometime.

BTW if anyone is interested in seeing something that I think may be somewhat similar, the ABC series "The Human Body" has a good episode on conception and shows babies at different stages and explains how things happen and shows a couple of births. There is also another episode that talks about how a baby develops ie-leans to crawl talk, breast feed and there are more episodes in the box set that cover teenages all the way to what happens when we are old and die. I think the whole set cost me about $60 and it is 2 DVD's or 2 VCR tapes. So for anyone who missed "In the Womb" this might be of some conselation.

Jorja

I got a feeling that Channel 10 showed it in all states except for Melb. It was shown on a Sat night between 7:30 - 9:30 pm and in Melb at this timeslot there is always live football so we did not get it at all.

Does anyone have any contacts at Chanel 10 that might now if they intend to show it in the near future?