Thread: Child Restraint fitting

Default Child Restraint fitting

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about getting a child restraint point (anchor) fitted into a ute. DH drives a ute for work, and even though the baby seat wont be in there all the time, there will be times that we need to. My DH works for my Dad and whenI go back to work my mum will be looking after the baby for us, so D can drop the baby off when he goes to work, but I dotn know how to go about finding out where and how to get an anchor point fitted into his ute, and even if it is possible?

Some baby stores where you buy car seats from have fitting days, otherwise in QLD the ambulance service does it as well as the RACQ or NRMA. HTH!

I "think" that the NRMA has them I know that we actually got a metal clip with our car seat when we bought it, but we already had one from getting the capsule installed. :-k

Tulip I have been doign a bit of research into this today and found the Kidsafe website, it says on there if you need a anchorage point fitted in your car (if it is an older car etc that doesnt have one) you can contact them and they have a list of businesses that are able to do this. I am going to get in contact with them this week and find out what the go is!

Ali, I don't know about the rules in WA for this but here in NSW yes it is legal but only if absolutley necessary. Here in NSW Babyco fit them but it you ring your local Roads and Traffic Authority they should be able to give you a list of qualified places to install the bolt.

Hi Ali

I don't know the rulings on utes but I do know that you can get the straps/anchor things from some baby shops. Are you north or south of the river? Because the baby shop on South Street, Kardinya sells them and right next door is a car shop - I think it might be Repco who I am pretty sure also sell them.